PDA

View Full Version : wont go into deep standbuy

dieselakita
11-02-15, 05:37
only had box a week which is a vu+solo2 vix team image build 142 version apollo went to put it in deep standbuy it says shutting down then goes to openvix image and then it comes back on what do i do

dieselakita
11-02-15, 14:49
as it got something to do with the latest vix image 141 because i know some others with same problem

dieselakita
11-02-15, 16:08
as it got something to do with the latest vix image 141 because i know some others with same problem

its not build 141 its 142

Trial
11-02-15, 16:17
Hi,
I think your box crashes when I tries to go to deep standby. Do you have crashlog on harddrive or in /home/root?

ciao

dieselakita
11-02-15, 17:23
its in home/root

Sicilian
11-02-15, 17:33
I tried a fresh flash of 142 and it was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dude1
11-02-15, 17:36
Same problem here with solo2. Did software update to build 142 but won't deep standby.

Larry-G
11-02-15, 17:39
Same problem here with solo2. Did software update to build 142 but won't deep standby.

Try a fresh flash to build 142 with a settings backup, if that does not work t ry it again without a settings backup.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

dude1
11-02-15, 17:43
Try a fresh flash to build 142 with a settings backup, if that does not work t ry it again without a settings backup.

I'll give that a try.

P.S. Just noticed another thread further down 'restart after deep standby' with another couple of people having same trouble. Guess these should be in the image support section really.

judge
11-02-15, 17:50
No issues with Solo2 going to deepstandby here, using fresh flash of build 142.

dude1
11-02-15, 18:01
No issues with Solo2 going to deepstandby here, using fresh flash of build 142.

Just done a couch flash of build 142 with settings / plugins restore & this has sorted the problem. Will go into deep standby now so it looks like the problem occurs during a software update.

Meant to ask before but forgot, is it normal that it doesn't restore any config info & that needs ftp'ing over again?

Larry-G
11-02-15, 18:08
You can tell the backup manager exactly which files and folders you want to include in a settings backup.

dude1
11-02-15, 18:24
You can tell the backup manager exactly which files and folders you want to include in a settings backup.

Ahhh didn't know that. Just found it, backup manager - menu - yellow button to choose files. I'll set that up.

Thanks for the info :)

dieselakita
11-02-15, 18:43
is there a guide how to do a couch flash and how you save the settings to back up manger

dieselakita
11-02-15, 18:45
Ahhh didn't know that. Just found it, backup manager - menu - yellow button to choose files. I'll set that up.

Thanks for the info :)

got to this point but which ones do you save

Larry-G
11-02-15, 18:49
is there a guide how to do a couch flash and how you save the settings to back up manger

Couch flashing is very very easy.

Blue button > ViX > image manager.

Yellow button to access the image server, then highlight the build you want to download and click the green button to download.

Once downloaded go back into the image manager and hit the blue button to restore or flash the image.

You can also manually place any image directly onto the receiver in the /media/HDD/imagebackups/ directory, these images will show in the image manager, you don't even need to extract the archive as the image manager will happily read a image in a .zip archive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dude1
11-02-15, 18:53
got to this point but which ones do you save

A lot of stuff is backed up by default settings. You just need to tick the additional stuff you ftp over depending on your setup in the appropriate folders.

To couch flash go to vix - image backup - yellow button - highlight image required (142 in this case) - green button to download - exit to go back a menu - highlight the downloaded image - press ok

When rebooted choose screen setting then select restore settings, then restore plugins.

:)

dieselakita
11-02-15, 19:01
so you dont really have to save anything in the backup manger then

Larry-G
11-02-15, 19:04
so you dont really have to save anything in the backup manger then

Only if there are specific files you want to be included that are not already as part of a standard backup.

Trial
11-02-15, 20:20
Hi,

its in home/root
when they have a current date post los here and we will see.

ciao

iwg
11-02-15, 21:32
Thanks Sicilian - also got that problem and now reflashing (couch) the -142 build. Definitely sorted Deep shutdown. Restarting now - and trying to remember what manual steps I need! Don't think there are any these days since that SD channel list came out. All sorted in less than 5 mins. hanks for great prompt info.

dieselakita
12-02-15, 02:11
im all sorted aswell thanks to you guys just reflashed and all setup again the experience is a plus for me best way to understand the setup