PDA

View Full Version : ViX 1.3 is great but....

beagooner
06-12-10, 18:35
It's probably me but I've encounted a few problems with ViX 1.3 despite doing all the online updates up until the time this post was published.

1.) With 1.2 I could enter the duration length (ie 10 minutes) I wanted to record for after pressing the record button on the remote and the Vu Duo would happily record. This leads to green screens (for me anyway) in 1.3

2.) I'm having tuner config problems with 1.3 despite backing up and using the exact config from 1.2. A lot of my HD channels are greyed out. There also doesn't seem to be a way enter new values in 1.3

Despite all these though I think the ViX team do a wonderful job but I'm reverting back to 1.2 (for now).
I fully expect though that I've done something wrong in my setup. (No surprises there :D)

Regards,
BG

silverfox0786
06-12-10, 18:47
VIX 1.3 has not changed in its if fuctionality to 1.2 it has only improved on its features and added more so all the things available in 1.2 re in 1.3 just made better so its a case of getting used to it thats all

Bit like WIndows XP and then the jump to Vista a whole new experience that was

andyblac
06-12-10, 18:49
It's probably me but I've encounted a few problems with ViX 1.3 despite doing all the online updates up until the time this post was published.

1.) With 1.2 I could enter the duration length (ie 10 minutes) I wanted to record for after pressing the record button on the remote and the Vu Duo would happily record. This leads to green screens (for me anyway) in 1.3

2.) I'm having tuner config problems with 1.3 despite backing up and using the exact config from 1.2. A lot of my HD channels are greyed out. There also doesn't seem to be a way enter new values in 1.3

Despite all these though I think the ViX team do a wonderful job but I'm reverting back to 1.2 (for now).
I fully expect though that I've done something wrong in my setup. (No surprises there :D)

Regards,
BG

if you get green screens we need crash logs before we can fix it

beagooner
06-12-10, 19:06
Here is the crash log...

pooface
06-12-10, 19:30

Just tried setting a duration of 5 minutes and it started recording fine (stopped it before it got to the end though, so unless it happens at the end of the recording? I also set one to record until a certain time, which it started to record too. So, I cannot reproduce your error?! Which skin are you using?

Andy's updated the base satellite.xml in this file, so unless you transfer the satellite.xml file when you transfer your channel lists, you might get problems...

Foxylady
06-12-10, 20:09
Sat xml files aren't a big issue really, go to the satxml site select your sats and ftp it over simples.
Then i have already made a backup of bouquets and use dreambox eidt to put them back in box.
I was up and running in 15 mins everything done from fresh install, no backup.
I prefer doing thid as it keeps my mind fresh on how to on images, software ftp'ing etc.
I ca see the changes already on the new image, got used to them, all i want to do is mod my boot logos and spinners lol.
Only cock up i have had it using one of old skins then got green screen, not bothered as i was testing and wouldnt use that skin i did anways

andyblac
06-12-10, 20:19

have tried rescanning ?, or as pooface says if you are trying use a presetup list, you need the satellite.xml file for that lists sending to the box