PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Half circle appearing on one-off timer recordings

bbbuk
10-02-15, 20:15
I've just done a new fresh usb flash to build 142 with no settings restored on my Solo2.

I have only just noticed (don't remember it being there on previous builds but can't be sure) that when doing a timer recording it displays a half circle on the programme immediately before the programme I have set to record and another half circle on the programme immediately after the programme I've set to record.

At this stage I didn't have any any actual AutoTimers and in fact had one timer set as discussed below...

WHAT I DID:
I highlighted Channel 4 News at 7pm to set it to record this programme as a one-off (ie no autotimer). I noticed the usual (R) red symbol appear as expected but I also noticed for the "Channel 4 News" I had set to record, it displayed a half a circle on the programme immediately before and after the "Channel 4 News".

I tested again on another programme on a different channel and same thing again (I removed timer record for "channel 4 News" I had previously set).

This was on the default installation skin, "Vix-Night-HD" skin so I tried on BlueHD skin and You-Vix Blue 1080 HD skin and it was same thing.

I then added my AutoTimers (FTP'd over autotimer.xml I had copied from last build) and let it populate the timers list itself and these autotimers were fine

Was this already there and I've just never noticed it or is it new and what is it?

Larry-G
10-02-15, 20:21
Its a feature that has been part of the image for almost two years, the half circles as you call them are pretty much just brackets around the recording to make it more visible.

bbbuk
10-02-15, 20:23
Its a feature that has been part of the image for almost two years, the half circles as you call them are pretty much just brackets around the recording to make it more visible.Very observant I must be :o

In my defence I rarely set one-off timers

bbbuk
10-02-15, 20:26
Is it needed now with advent of the (R) symbol on the programme and in some skins the actual programme background is highlighted in some way to make it that much clearer what has been set to record.

LbCwby
10-02-15, 20:55
I might be wrong here, but are he half circles not an indication that the recording is starting in the running time of the previous program, and ending in the running time of the following one ?
I know some people deliberately set the start time always f.e. 2 minutes earlier, and ending 2 minutes later.

I have times set to start at the actual time in the EPG, and I never have them, unless there is change in a EPG program time: that is the only time I see the mentioned circles.

bbbuk
10-02-15, 20:57
I might be wrong here, but are he half circles not an indication that the recording is starting in the running time of the previous program, and ending in the running time of the following one ?
I know some people deliberately set the start time always f.e. 2 minutes earlier, and ending 2 minutes later.

I have times set to start at the actual time in the EPG, and I never have them, unless there is change in a EPG program time: that is the only time I see the mentioned circles.Very well possible yes because I do use the padding of a few minutes either side.

Larry-G
10-02-15, 21:02

yes they also provide that function.