PDA

View Full Version : Default key for Screen Change

tappari
10-02-15, 08:05
Why default key for screen change in LCD4Linux setup is 2 x Fast Forward Key when it should be 2 x Fast Forward Key Type 2?
Obviously Type 2 means Remote Control Code=Remote Control System Code 2, which is default for Duo2.

Trial
10-02-15, 09:08
Hi,

Obviously Type 2 means Remote Control Code=Remote Control System Code 2, which is default for Duo2.
what makes you think that? A plugin cannot react on remote code 1 and 2 at the same time so why should there be an option to distinguish between these 2? I think, but do not really know, that this is on option for certain stbs perhaps because they do not have a dedicated ff/fr for example. Remember LCD4Linux is not from VU and it is working on (almost) all E2 stbs.

ciao

tappari
10-02-15, 09:36
Hi,

what makes you think that? A plugin cannot react on remote code 1 and 2 at the same time so why should there be an option to distinguish between these 2? I think, but do not really know, that this is on option for certain stbs perhaps because they do not have a dedicated ff/fr for example. Remember LCD4Linux is not from VU and it is working on (almost) all E2 stbs.

ciao
What I mean, is that if an image is meant for Duo2 and it includes LCD4Linux setup as default, so why is there a conflict inside of image between two default settings?

DaMacFunkin
10-02-15, 10:16
What he is trying to say is although the duo2 has a Linux lcd screen, vu+ are not involved with or officially support lcd4linux.

tappari
10-02-15, 11:59
What he is trying to say is although the duo2 has a Linux lcd screen, vu+ are not involved with or officially support lcd4linux.
Sorry if I don`t understand. Is OpenViX image somehow tied to official VU+ image? So what is officially support for lcd4linux?
The way I see image is, that if imagemaker inserts some plugins to his image as a default, he should also take care that defaults match together.

Trial
10-02-15, 12:38
Hi,
so the image maker should install all possible plugin, check the configuration for each box and then create an optimized ipk for each box?

Donīt you think that it is a bit to much asked when the people are doing this in their free time?

You can expect such thinks from the manufacturer of the stbs. Did you try an original image and took a look at their settings?

ciao

tappari
10-02-15, 13:03
Hi,
so the image maker should install all possible plugin, check the configuration for each box and then create an optimized ipk for each box?

Donīt you think that it is a bit to much asked when the people are doing this in their free time?

You can expect such thinks from the manufacturer of the stbs. Did you try an original image and took a look at their settings?

ciao
No, but the imagemaker when adding plugins to image as default, should check if it works or not.

rossi2000
10-02-15, 13:24
there have been some adjustments to lcd4linux lately in the oe-a git, maybe something here has affected this?
is it a new problem or was it ok before and now its a problem?

tappari
10-02-15, 14:22
there have been some adjustments to lcd4linux lately in the oe-a git, maybe something here has affected this?
is it a new problem or was it ok before and now its a problem?
I think earlier it used to work with default settings, but not anymore. This thing came up in Finnish site asked by beginner. That is why I exammed it and found it as a mistake.