PDA

View Full Version : 5 Good Reasons why i should swap from vti to vix

mmcmedia
06-12-10, 16:53
Probaly gonna sound dumbass but can anyone give 5 definative reasons why i should swap from vti image to the new vix 1.3 not looking for stupid answers like cus its the dogs danglers etc , and the obvious one the support factor

Now i dont mean to dis-respect any work done by the vix guys on here but tbh honest iam really happy on vti all be it a bit outdated compared to vix 1.3 but am i gonna gain anything ?

silverfox0786
06-12-10, 16:57
personally i dont really see the point in this thread mate VIX is VIX and VTI is VTI its a personal preferece and i think you should just try them and see what you like.

VIX is not a toy in the shop that we must try to sell to our customers. its a hobby for the team and the team wants to share it to the world if they want it or not.

If the world decides they want it then go ahead and have it but if they decide they dont want it then thats ok cause its was made for the the person who wrote it

pooface
06-12-10, 17:09
As silverfox says, it's all down to personal preference... There's plenty who don't like it, plenty who do. The only advice I can give is to make an image backup of your vti image, and then once you've installed the vix image, if you don't like it, you can easily revert back to the vti image.

The other thing is, some people just like what they have and don't like change. That's all very good, stick with what you know if that's what you want. But, my advise is to try it out. How did you know you liked chocolate if you didn't try it? Think of marmite, if you like it, you like it, if not, you won't ever have it again :p

mmcmedia
06-12-10, 21:21
Please delete this post

Sicilian
07-12-10, 09:30
Please delete this post

Why delete? You had a question you wanted to ask, nothing wrong with that :)

underzone
07-12-10, 16:31
Probaly gonna sound dumbass but can anyone give 5 definative reasons why i should swap from vti image to the new vix 1.3 not looking for stupid answers like cus its the dogs danglers etc , and the obvious one the support factor

Now i dont mean to dis-respect any work done by the vix guys on here but tbh honest iam really happy on vti all be it a bit outdated compared to vix 1.3 but am i gonna gain anything ?

Main reason I use it, is cos the autotimer works just like series link on Sky+
The last image (1.2) had a few issues, but the coders are hard at work and actively developing it (second reason for me).

PS. ignore the haters matey!

silverfox0786
07-12-10, 16:36
PS. ignore the haters matey!

there are no haters everone that has replied except you is part of vix dev team
we are just tring to be realistic towards the needs of each individual and hence advise to test it out rather than try to be converted

An example is the Bouquets expert B16MCC i know his personally and he does not like VIX but hey thats his choice and no disrespect or offecnce taken by it its his choice