PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Sky UK, which version are you using?

Huevos
08-02-15, 21:59
Which version of Sky UK do you use for ABM scan? And why?

Larry-G
08-02-15, 22:04
I use the standard sky uk SD (tyne region) and the freesat uk SD (north east and Cumbria north region).

It does every thing I need and i'm not that bothered about hiding services such as the HD channels etc.

abu baniaz
08-02-15, 22:06
No point having channels in line up you cannot view. so voted for 2 Also less likely to schedule recording on wrong channel.

Larry-G
08-02-15, 22:18
No point having channels in line up you cannot view. so voted for 2 Also less likely to schedule recording on wrong channel.

I only had my sky card in my E2 box for just over a year, I have operated a sky uk receiver plus multiple third party receivers in tandem over the past 20 years fully FTA and have no problems remembering what channels I can and can't receive on them so never once set a recording on a channel I was not able to receive.

bbbuk
08-02-15, 23:01
Voted for Sky UK SD for same reason as @Abu Baniaz mentioned in post #3

Andy_Hazza
08-02-15, 23:15
I use & prefer the Sky UK SD provider, much neater as it gets rid of the unwanted HD channels.

judge
08-02-15, 23:25
Voted no.2, Sky Uk (SD). Also using custom made favourites to suit my main viewing at no's 1-100.
Then Sky UK (SD) as next provider, as with Abu, see no point in having SKY listed channels that can't currently work on an E2 box.
Still playing with other options, the enabling of custom XML files & recent non indexed channels opens up loads of options for all users. :thumbsup:

^^COMPASS^^
09-02-15, 01:09
My vote goes for No 2, Sky UK (SD)

There don't seem any point in having unavailable HD Channels in Favourites Bouquet & saves my family asking why don't the HD Movie Channels work

duoduo
09-02-15, 08:19
Number 2 for all the same reasons mentioned above..

fast65
09-02-15, 10:56
No 2. makes life a lot easier

abu baniaz
09-02-15, 14:08
For benefit of Tapatalk users....
This is a poll. To cast your vote, view thread via web browser or PC/laptop.

chumley
09-02-15, 15:27
I only had my sky card in my E2 box for just over a year, I have operated a sky uk receiver plus multiple third party receivers in tandem over the past 20 years fully FTA and have no problems remembering what channels I can and can't receive on them so never once set a recording on a channel I was not able to receive.

it does seem like you are having a go at Abu when the purpose of the poll was to ask the reasons why you voted for a particular option, plus although you may have a perfect recollection of channels you can record does everyone in your household have the same level of awareness? :p

Larry-G
09-02-15, 15:30
it does seem like you are having a go at Abu when the purpose of the poll was to ask the reasons why you voted for a particular option, plus although you may have a perfect recollection of channels you can record does everyone in your household have the same level of awareness? [emoji14]
Who says I was having a go at abu ?. I was simply explaining get my reason for voting the way I did.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Larry-G
09-02-15, 15:31
it does seem like you are having a go at Abu when the purpose of the poll was to ask the reasons why you voted for a particular option, plus although you may have a perfect recollection of channels you can record does everyone in your household have the same level of awareness? [emoji14]
I use a sky UK receiver with my card for family use. All of my e2 receivers are FTA.

Huevos
09-02-15, 16:36
I use a sky UK receiver with my card for family use. All of my e2 receivers are FTA.

Sent from my SM-G900F using TapatalkPheonix, I don't really understand this. Why use Sky at all as the provider for your ABM scan if you don't have a card in the box? Why not just use Freesat. Are you doing this so your channel numbers are consistent on all receivers throughout the house? Or another reason?

Larry-G
09-02-15, 16:39
On this boxes that are only receiving 28.2 East I like to have the same channel numbers exactly the same as a official sky box. For the others I don't particularly care what numbers they have. It just makes life easier.

Huevos
09-02-15, 17:48
On this boxes that are only receiving 28.2 East I like to have the same channel numbers exactly the same as a official sky box. For the others I don't particularly care what numbers they have. It just makes life easier.Pheonix, you are kind of a special case in this vote as you aren't using the subscription channels anyway, so really it is neither here nor there which list you load.

Have you got swap on or off?

Larry-G
09-02-15, 17:51
I use the SD regions for both sky uk and freesat, never activated any swap options, never seen a valid reason to do so.

I may be the odd one out here but it's just the way I set up my receivers and always have done since ABM was first released.

abu baniaz
10-02-15, 01:07
On this boxes that are only receiving 28.2 East I like to have the same channel numbers exactly the same as a official sky box. For the others I don't particularly care what numbers they have. It just makes life easier.
Just for info, the numbers on the SD file are exaclty the same as the official SD receiver.

lincsat
10-02-15, 16:25
I usually use Autobouquets but on the one box I use ABM instead, I use a customised version of the SD file

nsw9154
10-02-15, 17:41
Number 2 for me as well as it makes things easier :D