PDA

View Full Version : unblock US

roy0110
08-02-15, 20:04
is it possible to use unblock US on E2 receivers?
i have been told yes & no.
if no, why not?
if yes, how?

Chris205gti
08-02-15, 21:54
What is it?

stick50jr
08-02-15, 23:33
The 'on-demand' plugin for Vix (ie. e2) allows you to specify a proxy IP but this is primarily for UK based programming. I suppose you want to access US based services? I've not tried 'un block US' or any programming from that part of the world. Perhaps you could get it running on a PC, and then try setting things up in your router so that other stuff (eg. e2) uses 'un block US' as the gateway.

roy0110
09-02-15, 20:55
yes, it is to access USA services.
i do have it running on my android device and iphone but i didnt have to directly change anything on my router.
there are "how-to" guides on their website on how to apply it to various devices but no mention of E2.
i'm a bit wary of going in all gung-ho in my receivers settings in case i screw it up trying to achieve the unachievable :p
here are the how-to guides in case anyone viewing this thread has some idea.

https://www.unblock-us.com/how-to-set-up/

Donnie
09-02-15, 21:22
You can use smartdns, google it and have a free 2wk trial.

roy0110
09-02-15, 21:33
You can use smartdns, google it and have a free 2wk trial.

it is smartdns, unblock us acct that i have.
if we are talking about the same, how is it used in E2?

i see instructions on how to setup on router, but was told i would struggle with a VM superhub.
hence i'm looking for a way to do it on the receiver.

Donnie
10-02-15, 20:16
it is smartdns, unblock us acct that i have.
if we are talking about the same, how is it used in E2?

i see instructions on how to setup on router, but was told i would struggle with a VM superhub.
hence i'm looking for a way to do it on the receiver.

Just add the dns address as your main nameserver in your stb and that is all that is required.