PDA

View Full Version : Recording indicator?

carpytone
07-02-15, 18:46
I have had my Solo2 now for 24 hours and I am slowly getting to grips with it. One thing I have noticed is that there doesn't appear to be any indicator light on the box to show when there is a recording happening like you would get on a Sly box. Not sure if there should be one and/or if I have missed a setting somewhere to enable this? Anyone able to shed any light on this? I am running Vix 131 if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
07-02-15, 18:51
While watching a channel press the ok button to bring your info bar up and the rec indicator will be visible.

carpytone
07-02-15, 18:52
Thanks Andy, so I take it that there is not a light on the front panel of the actual box that should or could come on?

Andy_Hazza
07-02-15, 20:54
They used to be a rec indicator on the display on the box but I've not seen it for a while on my vu+ solo2, but I have one on my vu+ uno so I'm a lil confused now. lol
Probably someone can clarify this?

Stanman
07-02-15, 20:54
There is a REC icon on vfd extreme right as u look at vfd

Andy_Hazza
07-02-15, 20:58
There is a REC icon on vfd extreme right as u look at vfd

I have a solo2 n no indicator on vfd screen Stanman?

Stanman
07-02-15, 21:10
Make the pic bigger it's there just above HD

carpytone
07-02-15, 21:38
Stanman, i can see that 'REC' icon on my Solo2 which takes me back to my question of whether this icon could and indeed should come on whilst a recording is taking place. There seems to be some other icons which also don't appear to ligtht up - Play, Pause, FFWD, RWD etc.

Larry-G
11-02-15, 18:38
To be honest I have not really taken any notice of the record icon on the VFD on my solo2 for a long time, but it is one of those areas where we just can't seem to get it rite. By this I mean no matter what we do with the record icon (flashing or not flashing, present in the VFD or not, present on the infobar or not) some one will complain and ask for something else.

Please don't get me wrong I am not insinuating that you are complaining and I will check on my own receiver in the morning after work, but no matter what we do in this area some one will not be happy about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

birdman
12-02-15, 02:31
To be honest I have not really taken any notice of the record icon on the VFD on my solo2 for a long time, but it is one of those areas where we just can't seem to get it rite. By this I mean no matter what we do with the record icon (flashing or not flashing, present in the VFD or not, present on the infobar or not) some one will complain and ask for something else.Not just the Solo2. The Miracelbox Premium Twin also has problems.

I do have a solution which works well for me. All it relies on is two files in /proc/stb/lcd - symbol_circle displaying something (different) for values of 1 to 4 and symbol_record containing the actual number of current recordings (which can be >4). It clears things to 0 at start-up, so is self-contained and needs no state-preserving drivers.

All of the code is in RecordTimer.py (which is the "obvious" place to put it, as that is where recording are started and stopped). Oddly, the standard Enigma code for this is somewhere else (I haven't looked for it yet).

I'd post the code, but I really need to know what these device files are supposed to do so that I can figure out whether it is likely to be generic - and no-one seems to know (apparently the manufacturers are supposed to know, but there is no documentation available).
Also I'd need to remove the standard Enigma code (assuming it is no longer doing anything relevant)

Larry-G
13-02-15, 00:08
The record icon is working just fine on the VFD on my Solo2 using Apollo build 142.