PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] vix spinning at startup

cricketfly
07-02-15, 12:01
Hi, can't get past spinning vix at startup, it just says you encountered a software problem, turned the box of and on 5 times same message, can't go into menu, anyone any ideas??

cricketfly
07-02-15, 12:15
Anyone any ideas cause I can't get past the spinning vox at startup, any help please

Larry-G
07-02-15, 12:16
which image were you running ? please include the build number so we can advise accordingly.

cricketfly
07-02-15, 12:20
Hi I can't get past the openvix image it's like fluorescent paint and vox logo spinning to find out build no., is their a way to get into the vu duo , cause I can't get past the Vic picture,

Larry-G
07-02-15, 12:25
You should still have access to the receiver via FTP and Telnet and you should be able to login to retrieve some crash logs which may help to find out what has happened.

Did you recently install any new plugins or skins or add any thing to the box that could have caused this ?.

I would personally just cut my losses and reflash the image then setup again without a settings backup just to be sure I had a clean setup and was not reintroducing issues back into the image.

cricketfly
07-02-15, 12:29
Sorry I'm a newbie how do I get access to ftp or telnet , thanks in advance

cricketfly
07-02-15, 12:33
And I didn't update or install anything, last night the remote control stopped working so I turned of on stab and it worked but epg wouldn't work properly, thanks in advance

cricketfly
07-02-15, 12:38
How do I get into the stb to reflash image

cricketfly
07-02-15, 12:46
Any help on how to get into stb to flash image??

cricketfly
07-02-15, 12:55
Any help please??

cricketfly
07-02-15, 13:02
How do I reflash the image when I can't get past the vix spinning at startup, help please?

Larry-G
07-02-15, 13:04
There is a full flashing tutorial available on our download site www.openvix.co.uk along with a copy of the latest image (and some slightly older ones). every thing you need is there.

roybach
07-02-15, 13:05
Take a peek in the Vix Support by clicking at the top of the page , guides are to be found there . in brief you will need a USB flash drive , download a relevant Image , expand the downloaded image and copy the file to the flash drive, with the STP switched off, insert the loaded flash drive into a USB slot on the STB , switch the STB on , you may or may not need to press the volume up button on the STB as you switch on the STB , please check the guide for your particular STB.

cactikid
07-02-15, 14:39
also these images are for original boxes as i hope that is what you have;)

cricketfly
07-02-15, 14:52
Hi I downloaded 235 version and put it on my usb stick turned stb off then on and it says reading usb for a split second then I'm back with vix spinning and can't use my stb , help please

Stanman
07-02-15, 15:47
Did you extract it and put the folder vuplus

abu baniaz
07-02-15, 16:29
This is the flashing guide. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3-How-to-flash-a-VU-Duo-using-a-USB-stick

You will lose all files on receiver, so you may wish to backup up any important files first. You might be able to still ftp even though Enigma2 is not floaded fully. Recordings on HDD will not be affected.

cricketfly
07-02-15, 17:10
Thanks a million everyone and I mean that, everyone of your inputs got me their, vix. Team yere super..

cactikid
07-02-15, 22:27
excellent result in now watching tv :D:thumbsup:

jbzebra
07-02-15, 23:36
Hi
I would suggest you spend a day looking, reading the Stickies/Setup Guides.
jb