PDA

View Full Version : auto timer

jamie whitton
05-02-15, 12:17
hi guys im new to this,

im having trouble with auto time setting on vu solo box se follow all instructions but if two episodes are on same night only first will record and not totally sure if auto timer stays on

any help would be great thanks

ronand
05-02-15, 12:31
You can change the time span to include the second episode if needed eg Spiral on BBC4. The autotimer will keep checking so dont worry. If you bring up the single epg for that channel you will see what programmes are marked for receording. Or you can check in the timer list.

If you can give an example of what you are trying to record then we can check if your settings are correct or not.

jamie whitton
05-02-15, 12:46
hi thanks for reply,

for example emmerdale on itv1 its on twice tonight last few occasions a programme has been on more than once in one night its only picked up first episode not both,

if I go to main epg only first is marked as recordable but does have auto timer arrows on it

thanks

ronand
05-02-15, 13:42
You just need to change the timespan in the autotimer settings to scan between say 18:00 & 21:00 and it will pick up all episodes.

jamie whitton
05-02-15, 13:58
time span is set 18:30 to 20:30 last episode finishes at 20.30
I have attached screen shots for you if this helps

thanks again

ronand
05-02-15, 16:34
Its isnt even picking up the first episode today - the timer in your list is one that is completed. I would imagine that your autotimer is set to check wednesday only. You need to specify which days to check on (mon-fri)

jamie whitton
05-02-15, 17:06
hi on the last image - slightly angles view but they are set to everyday, would it make a difference if programme ends at 20.33 and timer is set to 20.30. it seems to me theres an issue with the updating of auto timer set up

ronand
05-02-15, 21:47
Using padding (+3 mins) will make a difference with a single tuner. If will cause a conflict if on different transponders. You cant record emmerdale while it is recording the end of eastenders.

jamie whitton
05-02-15, 21:59
Hi it's a twin tuner recording two is no problem it's just series link is not working it's not even linking next day episodes.followed very basic supplier instructions but only sets record on single episode not series

ronand
05-02-15, 22:56
Ok I see your problem - have a look at the program titles - they also have the episode title in it. You need a title with just "emmerdale" in it for it to work. Where are you getting the epg data from?

judge
05-02-15, 23:19
Ok I see your problem - have a look at the program titles - they also have the episode title in it. You need a title with just "emmerdale" in it for it to work. Where are you getting the epg data from?
Well spotted. Looks like XMLTV data. OpenTV for Sky UK/IRE IMO is the best option, never missed an autotimer yet.

jamie whitton
08-02-15, 10:18
Hi that's worked a treat epg is cross downloader updates daily I assumed by un checking exact match that would do, manually doing it is ok though cheers

birdman
09-02-15, 02:42
Hi that's worked a treat epg is cross downloader updates daily I assumed by un checking exact match that would do, manually doing it is ok though cheersUnchecking "exact match" just means that additional text is also allowed - but the phrase you have got in the search must still all be there. So you need to unset "exact match", and also edit the search text.

jamie whitton
09-02-15, 11:35
Cheers for all the help problem solved ��