PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Unable to update past Apollo 62

connormill
05-02-15, 11:56
I have a Vu+ Solo 2 and it has been on a really old Vix image for a long time. I think the last update was well over a year ago running OpenVix 3.0.

Recently, I have tried to flash to the latest Apollo based image. When i download Apollo 136 and copy to my flash drive the box sees the update and installs it, however, after installation it is stuck at "Starting.." and will never go any further.

I have managed to successfully install Apollo 062 and it runs just fine.

If I try to do a software update on the box the new software downloads just fine, but will not install. Box freezes at the "installing software to you Vu+" screen and will not move.

If the box is rebooted after it freezes during installation then I'm back at the "Starting.." issue.

Has anyone else had similar issues with the later apollo builds. Luckily I have a system image of Apollo 062 so it wasn't too much of a hardship getting back online, but I would like to be on the latest and greatest firmware.

abu baniaz
05-02-15, 12:07
Where did you buy the receiver from?

Is it genuine?

bbbuk
05-02-15, 12:42
Where did you buy the receiver from?

Is it genuine?I have this problem as well as another forum member. There is another thread started already.

I get stuck on same screen using 135 or 136. If I use an earlier build it's fine and so if I use a previous backup it's also fine.

abu baniaz
05-02-15, 12:56
Would be helpful to get serial boot logs.

bbbuk
05-02-15, 12:59
Mine was a usb flash whereas OP was an online update.

I can't telnet in so therefore can't get access to logs.

I tried again with re-downloading 135/6 and same problem but 132 works fine.

abu baniaz
05-02-15, 13:16
For bootlogs, you need a serial cable.

None of the beta testers have reported a problem, so the logs from people affected will be helpful.

There has been change in the 1080p skin coding. IIRC, the only issue reported was if a 1080p skin was in use/restored.

bbbuk
05-02-15, 13:24
For bootlogs, you need a serial cable.

None of the beta testers have reported a problem, so the logs from people affected will be helpful.

There has been change in the 1080p skin coding. IIRC, the only issue reported was if a 1080p skin was in use/restored.I don't use 1080 skins and didn't before doing a USB fresh install. I thought USB install erased everything anyhow? This is upon rebooting before, I assume, Enigma has started because telnet won't work.

I'm sure if anyone tries to download latest two builds and do a usb fresh install will come across same problem.

nasser007
05-02-15, 13:43
Hello I have the same problem when trying to upgrade to Apollo 136 on my solo2, I have only had the reciever 1 month and I have bought it from the world of satellite.

twol
05-02-15, 13:47
I don't use 1080 skins and didn't before doing a USB fresh install. I thought USB install erased everything anyhow? This is upon rebooting before, I assume, Enigma has started because telnet won't work.

I'm sure if anyone tries to download latest two builds and do a usb fresh install will come across same problem.
have you actually tried logging into root? It must haver died pretty early if you can't.
My boxes don't have a serial port, and I have always managed to pull the boot log via Init4 wait and then enigma2 and Ctrl C

bbbuk
05-02-15, 13:59
have you actually tried logging into root? It must haver died pretty early if you can't.
My boxes don't have a serial port, and I have always managed to pull the boot log via Init4 wait and then enigma2 and Ctrl CIt gets stuck on purple VU Your Smart Linux TV player splash screen NOT the Vix splash screen.

I'm unable to telnet or FTP in.

I know IP address is correct because my router always assigns same IP address to the stb (for ease of use).

bbbuk
05-02-15, 17:44
An online update from 132 to 137 works fine for me.

connormill
06-02-15, 00:46
Appologies for delay.

Box is genuine. I have tried both USB and Internet flash

Apollo 136 = Fail
Apollo 135 = Fail
Apollo 112 = Fail
Apollo 62 = Success

On all failed USB Installs it hangs at the purple Vu+ screen.

No 1080 Skins in use now or ever due to only a 1080i TV

Annoyingly I don't have a serial cable (or even a serial port on any PC/Mac I own to provide a bootlog)

abu baniaz
06-02-15, 00:52
Can you try this?

Download 132 image , tranfer to your /imagebackups/ on your reciver. Then flash it by Image Manger

connormill
06-02-15, 01:01
Can you try this?

Download 132 image , tranfer to your /imagebackups/ on your reciver. Then flash it by Image Manger

Just make sure I'm getting you right:

Download Apollo 132
FTP to /imagebackups/
Restore it using the image manager on the box

then i could restore from a settings and plugins backup on the box

Also, just noticed that all images 132+ have been pulled from the website, or is that just me?

abu baniaz
06-02-15, 01:29
You have understood right. You may not be able to restore plugins though. Just install them again.

As you may have seen from the other thread, there was an issue with 135/136 for the Solo2. They have been removed. 133/134 were not released.

r4nj
06-02-15, 08:25
I had a similar issue last night where I needed to reflash my Solo 2 as I was hacked.

After numerous attempts using different USB sticks, I couldn't get passed the "Starting...." message on the front of the box and the VU purple screen on the TV.

As a last attempt I downloaded the latest OpenPli (http://openpli.org/download/vuplus/vusolo2/) and tried installing that using the same process.

This was successful and got me passed that "Starting..." message. I continued with the setup and it seemed ok. I then reflashed with the lasted Apollo from http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo2/

Worked perfectly well for me.

connormill
06-02-15, 12:22
I have successfully installed 132 using a USB flash and restored my MGCAMD keys from backup.

Seems to be running really well. when the next build is released, will a software update from the boxes UI be safe enough, or should a USB flash be done each time?

abu baniaz
06-02-15, 13:24
Online update will be OK.