PDA

View Full Version : Vix 1.3 not starting

poundy
06-12-10, 12:15
Flashed yesterday from 1.2 to 1,3 and all seemed to be ok. just as fixed disc/ccam 2,14. Restored bouquets. All ok. Default skin. Software updated ok.

Then green screen crash last night and wouldnt reboot (message starting on vfd but nothing else - tried again and same thing happened.

Went back to 1.2 image and all fine there.

Ok reflashed to 1.3 this morning and did all above again. All working ok. Did system reboot. Once again it wont start - just "starting" on vfd, nil on screen. Left it 20 mins. When I try to reboot again the red led on the VFD stays lit ? significance.

What next??

I can ftp to the box so it has restarted (I guess just the GUI hasnt??)

I attach what I assume is the crash log - tho the time seems incorrect (it looks like last nights crash)

Should I just go back to 1.2??

silverfox0786
06-12-10, 12:18
use cccan 2.2.1 you have a softcm error i think

bobonthejob
06-12-10, 12:19
Flashed yesterday from 1.2 to 1,3 and all seemed to be ok. just as fixed disc/ccam 2,14. Restored bouquets. All ok. Default skin. Software updated ok.

Then green screen crash last night and wouldnt reboot (message starting on vfd but nothing else - tried again and same thing happened.

Went back to 1.2 image and all fine there.

Ok reflashed to 1.3 this morning and did all above again. All working ok. Did system reboot. Once again it wont start - just "starting" on vfd, nil on screen. Left it 20 mins. When I try to reboot again the red led on the VFD stays lit ? significance.

What next??

I can ftp to the box so it has restarted (I guess just the GUI hasnt??)

I attach what I assume is the crash log - tho the time seems incorrect (it looks like last nights crash)

Should I just go back to 1.2??

Have you applied the software update?

poundy
06-12-10, 12:20
i did try ccam 2.21 initially last night and seemed not to be connecting

odly enough 2.21 did not show up in the updates when I tried today so it was 2.14 that I was on this am

(has 2.21 being withdrawn??)

poundy
06-12-10, 12:27
yep did software update

Hamram
06-12-10, 12:31
I only tested the default skin briefly, and it gave me the green screen as well, and as my wife was about to watch something really important (:rolleyes:) on the TV, I didn't take the time to re-try it, and send the log. However, using Vu Hd Plus, everything runs just great. Maybe this might be a temporary solution for you as well..?

pooface
06-12-10, 14:04
Looks like this is also a problem with the softcam:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 46, in action
res = self.actions[action]()
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/VIX/SoftcamManager/plugin.py", line 219, in getRestartPID
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects

Will need to wait for andy to take a look, as he has all the source code etc ;)

silverfox0786
06-12-10, 15:10
cams are back up online now andy has confirmed

poundy
06-12-10, 16:24
On a slightly separate note have gone back to vix1.2 for moment. Using cccam 2.14.

I am using USB swap file and don't know if cccam is running (or restarting constantly). How would I know?

I used 2.21 briefly last night until 1.3 crashed. Am now a bit fed up with this!

silverfox0786
06-12-10, 16:29
cccam talk is restricted as stated in the rules [Blue should mean initialising]

pooface
06-12-10, 17:03
On a slightly separate note have gone back to vix1.2 for moment. Using cccam 2.14.

I am using USB swap file and don't know if cccam is running (or restarting constantly). How would I know?

I used 2.21 briefly last night until 1.3 crashed. Am now a bit fed up with this!

It should be running if you are able to watch the channels that you have open with your cam. Another easy way to check is to use the ip address of your vu duo, followed by the port in cccam.cfg for the web info (default is 16001). For example:

http://192.168.0.150:16001/

This should show you the cccam version and statistics, and the entitlements of your local card etc.

poundy
06-12-10, 22:18
Decided I'd give it another go and touch wood all looking fine now

I looked briefly at the VTI image and agree with everyone's comments about it (tho like the process running display)

Can't say I've done anything different so can't say what happened 1st and second time. CCcam 2.2.1 running fine as well. Bizarre.

To save time and avoid tempting fate what's the best way of backing everything up now - is to create an image back up and then use that to restore from in future?

Is there anything not stored in the back up image??

thanks to everyone - esp for Andy for a lot of hard work in producing v1.3.

n

silverfox0786
06-12-10, 22:20
use menu, setup,vix settings, image manager

and press green for new backup

poundy
06-12-10, 22:50
Sure but does that create an image which you can restore from and does that back everything up??

n

silverfox0786
06-12-10, 22:52
it creates an image that you can use for nfi or usb boot it will bring you back to the point in time that you made the backup not change or loss

poundy
06-12-10, 23:03
spot on - creating it as we speak

thanks

silverfox0786
06-12-10, 23:19
spot on - creating it as we speak

thanks

just remeber one thing some images dont allow backup/restore so take out your backup files and place on pc they will be in /media/hdd/backup
this way you can pop them on a usb and restore just as you would a new image