PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Creating Hardlink to timeshift failed

Chunky
03-02-15, 18:02
Just installed a hard drive in vu+solo2 previously to that i was using nas.
Thought i would try out permanent timeshift now every time i change channel i get error message 'Creating Hardlink to timeshift failed etc....'

But if i rewind it does actually work any idea how to get rid of nag screen?:confused:
Using latest Apollo version with blue hd skin

All help much appreciated:thumbsup:

abu baniaz
03-02-15, 18:11
Re-initilaise the drive. You will lose any recordings/data on it.

Your title thread has lots of room for improvement, I'll change it later. Please also read contents below.

Thread will be moved to the ViX-Team-Images-Support-Discussion section. It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespectve of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section!

Please bear in mind for future support questions.

Chunky
03-02-15, 18:40
Cheers will give it a go. I did try it earlier but don't remember getting initialising finished message before i started messing about with it.

I appreciate the criticism of my title but it was what i was thinking at the time mmmmmm problem:)
I promise to do better next time;)

Chunky
03-02-15, 18:44
Thanks for changing title got to admit it does sound better:thumbsup:

abu baniaz
03-02-15, 18:44
Just makes it easier for somone with the same issue searching for solution. No harm done.

Chunky
06-02-15, 18:32
Tried re - initialising drive but still no luck with permanent time shift. Anyone got any ideas?

What about factory reset then re flash with vix again or something less severe if possible

abu baniaz
06-02-15, 18:47
There may be a mount point issue. Unmount everything theough mount manager, reboot receiover via menus. Let it mount things automatically.

Afetr it reboots, telnet teh following command and post results.

df -h

Chunky
06-02-15, 21:14
Thanks for the advice. I'm a complete novice so first I'll have to do some research on how to telnet but I'll be back shortly with results all being well

iwg
06-02-15, 22:47
Hi Chunky - telnet is a basic way of talking from a PC to your box. Open a DOS prompt (command prompt from START menu) on your PC. Then type "telnet mybox" or whatever you have called it or it's IP address. Login as root - if defaulted you won't have a password (should set one via "passwd root") and then do the commands recommended. In this case a "df -h" although I've never ever had cause to type that -h - just checked all it changes is the units re disk space free from "df -k"
It will also list mounts from other devices

abu baniaz
07-02-15, 00:37
Thanks for the advice. I'm a complete novice so first I'll have to do some research on how to telnet but I'll be back shortly with results all being well
Hope this helps. Well done for pointing out where you need a hand.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40948-How-to-use-Putty-for-Telnet-commands