PDA

View Full Version : Factory reset

linsladeboy
03-02-15, 12:23
I have ordered a new Technomate Nano SE with built in VIX Image via WOS and just thought about future possibility of having to do a factory reset( say I wanted to sell receiver for example)
Going by VIX support forum, it seems that factory rest option on vix image only deletes settings and not actual image, is there a method of actually doing a factory rest as if bought as new?

abu baniaz
03-02-15, 17:14
Flashing an image will erase everything.

Larry-G
03-02-15, 17:17
I have ordered a new Technomate Nano SE with built in VIX Image via WOS and just thought about future possibility of having to do a factory reset( say I wanted to sell receiver for example)
Going by VIX support forum, it seems that factory rest option on vix image only deletes settings and not actual image, is there a method of actually doing a factory rest as if bought as new?

The factory reset option is the same on every image not just ViX, if you want to return the receiver back to as near factory condition you simply just need to reflash the image with a new one as the process of flashing a image first erases the old one.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

linsladeboy
03-02-15, 17:57
Thanks for replies, much appreciated:thumbsup: