PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Sources] Rytec sources cannot be downloaded in crossepg

electrocop
02-02-15, 20:26
Hi folks. I hope someone can shed some light on my latest issue.....
My problem started last week and i find that crossepg is not downloading Rytec XEPGDB providers. Everything worked fine until then and has even worked once since. I download manually every day and lately the message says that it is downloading, but downloads nothing and then immediately shows 'loading data'. When i check the sources and update rytec providers, i get a message saying 'cannot retrieve rytec sources'. Is anyone else getting this problem or know what to suggest to fix this.....?
For reference, i'm running openvix apollo 064 and crossepg 0.8.1. and my internet connection is working fine for everything else.

nsw9154
02-02-15, 20:35
I have noticed the same problem with Rytec not downloading so all I download now is the Devicosta Nova English XMLTV and Devilcosta Nova English XMLTV (XEPGDB repacked) and they seem to work fine
I also noticed that CrossEPG downloaded faster without the rytec providers

Andy_Hazza
02-02-15, 20:35
You are on a pretty old build. If I were you I would do a backup and install the latest image, currently 133 I think and restore settings if it lets you.

nsw9154
02-02-15, 20:40
Rytec EPG has been a bit problematic for a while now Andy even on the latest builds

Andy_Hazza
02-02-15, 20:45
Oh right, gotcha! I only use openTV 28.2 and no issues so was unsure Norm, thanks for clarifying. [emoji106]

electrocop
02-02-15, 21:17
Thanks NSW9154, for the heads-up about the feeds being problematic - at least it's not just me having issues! I need the European EPG as well as UK so i tend to rely on Rytec (using the opentv provider from the sky channel for UK EPG presently)

Thanks to Andy too for the fast response. I had to downgrade to 064 due to problems with later builds (still have some but 064 at least lets me use EPG search without crashing)

Andy_Hazza
02-02-15, 23:10
Out of Curiosity what receiver do you have?

electrocop
03-02-15, 01:44
Vu+ Ultimo and Vu+ Duo - both genuine

groove_timer
04-02-15, 22:45
Sorry for hijacking this thread but I'm also having the same issue now for a few days with OpenTV EPG on my Medi@Link IXuss using Build 136