PDA

View Full Version : Kodi & TSMedia addons

batistawhc
02-02-15, 18:54
Hi,

I am very new at this and really sorry to post this up (hopefully in the correct place too) but I have tried my best to do as much research as I can, but can't find anything to help. 99/100 it will be staring me right in the face!

Anyway, I have installed both XBMC now known as Kodi V14 Helix, and TSmedia on my Vu+ Duo box. I heard that the BBC Iplayer, STV, ITV, 4OD etc apps no longer work on the regular box, but you can get them to work via Kodi and TSMedia, however, I have no idea how.

I downloaded the file named "plugin.video.iplayer", and according to the "install.txt" file you need to go to /addons which they say is in $HOME/.xbmc/ however the only one I seen was in HDD/Home/xbmc/addons so I put it in there, however, I have no other directions. I have looked in plugins on the menu, in vix menu and other menus on the Vu and not found anything. Even in xmbc after getting errors about updating, I seen nothing.

Please tell me there is a far easier way to get on demand services on the Vu+ Duo?

Also, is there a plugin so I can view .avi, .ts, .mkv files on the Vu from my external hard drive/USB?

birdman
03-02-15, 01:58
I downloaded the file named "plugin.video.iplayer", and according to the "install.txt" file you need to go to /addons which they say is in $HOME/.xbmc/ however the only one I seen was in HDD/Home/xbmc/addons so I put it in there, however, I have no other directions.It needs to be unpacked while you are sitting in:
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/KodiDirect/pluginswhich is where you will find all of the other plugins that are installed.

batistawhc
03-02-15, 03:12
Thank you!

I installed it in that location, and now get the "error" message haha. One problem after another. I get same error with ITV too which I installed direct from kodi. Oh well, I atleast know now how to do it :-)