PDA

View Full Version : [Mut@nt HD2400] Drivers for Astrometa DVB-T/T2/C

xhemp
02-02-15, 12:06
I got one of those Astrometa DVB-T/T2/C USB tuners for around 20 pounds, which is cheap (a DVBSky would go for twice that price, a MediaTVPro, 4 times that).
Problem is that it only works with as DVB-T as there are no drivers for DVB-C.
Checking the web, I could see a blog (Palosaari.fi) that created drivers for that tuner for V4L. I've been trying to cross compile those for OpenVix but had no luck on that front.
Is there anything I could do to accomplish that? Any help is appreciated.

PS: I didn't post any of the URLs here as I am not sure if that is allowed, if it is, just let me know and I will do that. If not, send me a private message and I can send you the links.

Many thanks,
xh

abu baniaz
02-02-15, 13:19
Code the url it should be fine.

xhemp
02-02-15, 13:24
Code the url it should be fine.

Thanks, Abu.
Here you go:

Blog
http://blog.palosaari.fi/2014/09/naked-hardware-18-astrometa-amdvb-t2-v2.html
Git
http://git.linuxtv.org/cgit.cgi/anttip/media_tree.git/log/?h=astrometa

xhemp
02-02-15, 13:38
Let me explain what I did:

I cloned the openvix git:

git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/openpli/openpli-oe-core

Compiled:
Machine=mutant2400 DISTRO openvix make update
Machine=mutant2400 DISTRO openvix make image

Cloned the mediatv git:
git clone --depth=1 git://linuxtv.org/media_build.git

And cross compiled it:

ARCH=mips \
CROSS_COMPILE=/home/openvix/oe-alliance/builds/openvix/hd2400/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/mipsel-oe-linux/mipsel-oe-linux- \
DIR=/home/openvix/oe-alliance/builds/openvix/hd2400/tmp/sysroots/hd2400/usr/src/kernel/ \
make cleanall

ARCH=mips \
CROSS_COMPILE=/home/openvix/oe-alliance/builds/openvix/hd2400/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/mipsel-oe-linux/mipsel-oe-linux- \
DIR=/home/openvix/oe-alliance/builds/openvix/hd2400/tmp/sysroots/hd2400/usr/src/kernel/ \
make download untar

ARCH=mips \
make menuconfig

Chose the drivers I wanted (including the staging MN88473) and:

ARCH=mips \
make -j 8

I can load some of the drivers on my Mut@nt (mn88473, r820, rtl2830, rtl2832) but if I try to load rtl28xxu or dvb_usb_v2 I am unable to.
I believe I am doing something wrong so any light you can shed on this, it will be appreciated.

xhemp
07-02-15, 17:24
Any idea on what I can do to be able to cross compile that?

rossi2000
07-02-15, 17:37

that isnt vix git

xhemp
07-02-15, 17:46

that isnt vix git

True, rossi, that is openpli.
I will try with the openvix but I'm afraid I will have the same problem.
Any suggestions to achieve the goal? It would be interesting to have a cheap USB tuner supported.