PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Timeout for tuner lock

bigcoops
01-02-15, 16:30
Hi all
Had my Technomate Nano-3T for approximately 3 weeks now , have set everything up as per the vix guide. I set the ABM
to automatically scan at 02.00 in the morning, all was well for the first week but now I am getting the message Timeout for tuner lock, I get this message on a manual scan also. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Busterroo
01-02-15, 17:09
Try swapping your sat cables around and doing a manual scan to rule out a problem with your cable connections.

Huevos
01-02-15, 17:10
Use satfinder on last tuner and make sure it is tuning 11778.

bigcoops
01-02-15, 19:39
Hi Huevos
Have tried satfinder on transponder b on 11778 and no it finds no channels will try swapping cables as suggested bybusterroo.

bigcoops
02-02-15, 16:16
What is the fix if it is not tuning 11778.

abu baniaz
02-02-15, 16:20
Where are you located?

Huevos
02-02-15, 20:28
Where are you located?That transponder is on PE1 so would be receivable by anyone in western Europe.

abu baniaz
02-02-15, 21:11
In which case...

What is the fix if it is not tuning 11778.
Check for alignment, cabling or lnb fault

bigcoops
02-02-15, 22:11
I am located in East Yorkshire

abu baniaz
02-02-15, 22:18
That frequncy is what Sky recivers tune to. If you switched on an official receiver which has been in the shed for five years, it will get data from that transponder. This is why it was used.

There is a hardware issue you need to rectify. To satisfy yourself that this is the case, perform a conventional scan. You should receive over 900 channels. If you receiver lower than this amount, it will confirm the hardware issue.

Could be any of following:
Dish moved
LNB failed
Damaged cabling
F-plug worked loose
Loose connection

bigcoops
02-02-15, 22:39
If it's at all relevant I have a sky receiver upstairs running off the same lnb with no problems. Just done a service scan and it returned a total of 955 channels, is that about right.

abu baniaz
02-02-15, 22:44
Each port on LNb is indpendent, as you have received 955, that is fine.

Can you describe the cabling connected to receiver please? In terms of how many cables in total from dish/lnb. Which port are/is the cable connected to?

What is each tuner configured as? (ignore the third one for now)
Did you select automatic when setting your tuner?

Thanks

bigcoops
02-02-15, 23:26
2 cables from lnb/dish one to port/tunerA and one to port/tuner B on receiver

Tuner A ( DVB-S2) set as single Sats: 28.2E Eutelsat 28A & Astra 2A/2E/2F

Tuner B is configured the same as Tuner A as it is a fixed dish

I did a manual scan of 11778 on tuner A 10 minutes ago and it returned 9 channels.

Then I did a scan in ABM and got the same timeout for tuner lock message.

pembo
02-02-15, 23:35
how is the sky receiver connected into the satellite, assume different cable to lnb?
Have you tried moving your e2 box and connecting it up to the cable the sky box is using then running the scan?

abu baniaz
02-02-15, 23:43
Can you do a manual scan of 11778 using tuner B please and report back if you get the nine channels. Reason for asking you to do this is that ABM uses the last free tuner. Unless you have changed anything, you would be occupying tuner A.

bigcoops
03-02-15, 00:37
I had the technomate box upstairs first connected to the cables the sky receiver is connected to now, i swapped the boxes around a couple of weeks ago. The cable to upstairs is the twin type, which is smaller in diameter than the single, which I have running to the box downstairs.

I will do a scan of 11778 on tuner B first thing tomorrow night.

bigcoops
03-02-15, 18:27
Just done the manual scan of tuner B on11778 , no channels were found.

abu baniaz
03-02-15, 18:41
Just done the manual scan of tuner B on11778 , no channels were found.
Something's not right.

Swap the cables round, connect the cable that was in tuner A (we know it's fine) to tuner B, making sure F plug does not work loose. Repeat test of scan on 11778 on tuner B. If it passes test, something wrong with cable/lnb/connection.

Repeat test on tuner A using cable which was on tuner B.

bigcoops
03-02-15, 20:16
Cables swapped around A to B and vice versa, manual scan of 11778 done on tuner B and then on tuner A and on both
scans results were no channels were found.

abu baniaz
03-02-15, 23:18
If the same cable fails on both tuners, there is something wrong withteh cable/what's at the other end of it. Water ingress, damage owing to a cut, lnb port faulty etc.

For now, connect the working cable to Tuner B, and set tuner B as simple,single, 28.2
Leave tuner A with nothing connected. Set tuner A as loop through to tuner B.
This is better than single feed and allows a bit more flexibility in terms if what you may view/record.

This will allow you to run ABM. You must be fed up with the questions. Post back if you want assistance in diagnosing your fault further.

bbbuk
03-02-15, 23:23
Within Satfinder, with settings as in picture, what is your SNR?

I get same around same SNR (95%) on both Tuner A & B (obviously make sure your not trying to record anything).

Using those settings I get 9 channels found as in below picture on both Tuner A & B

What is your SNR% when trying to scan using SatFinder with those exact transponder settings?

I noticed on KingOfSat (http://en.kingofsat.net/sat-astra2a.php) this transponder is listed as belonging to Astra 2A which is co-located at 28.9oE

bigcoops
03-02-15, 23:53
SNR % is 0 on both tuner A/B , AGC % is also 0 and no tick in the lock box either.

Scan settings as per your screenshots.

abu baniaz
03-02-15, 23:57
You have two cables and two tuners. You should have four results.

Cable 1 in tuner A
Cable 1 in tuner B

Cable 2 in tuner A
Cable 2 in tuner B

bigcoops
04-02-15, 00:21
All four results are the same 0%, I now seem to have lost the 9 channels that I had before .

abu baniaz
04-02-15, 00:24
Have you double checked your F-plugs are connected properly onto cables?
Are you able to test if the Sky receiver works using these cables?

bigcoops
04-02-15, 00:52
Sky receiver was working on these cables, I've just swapped it over with the technomate box. Sky receiver now upstairs working ok on the other set of cables.

abu baniaz
04-02-15, 00:59
Just to clarify, you have connected the Sky receiver to the same cables that the TM does not work with. The Sky receiver works fine with these cables that you had used unsuccesfully with the TM?

If that is the case, contact your seller and arrange for a replacement. He may ask as a last test for you to connect the TM to where the Sky receiver was.

bigcoops
04-02-15, 01:15
I can swap the boxes and try the technomate upstairs, are you thinking that maybe the box is faulty.

bigcoops
04-02-15, 01:17
Yes I connected the technomate receiver to the same cables that the sky receiver was working ok with.

abu baniaz
04-02-15, 01:24
Going by your reponses

Previously
Cable 1 on tuner A worked before.
Cable 2 did not work on tuner B

Situation now is
Cable 1 does not work on tuner A or B
Cable 2 does not work on tuner A or B

Cable 1 and 2 are fine on Sky receiver

Deduction based on bold statement, which I presume to be present tense rather than before Sky receiver was moved upstairs, is that the receiver is faulty. You can test TM upstairs as a final check. You have been patient When you explain all the tests you have done, your retailer will sort out a repalcement for you.

bigcoops
04-02-15, 01:33
Thankyou for all your help, I will try the TM upstairs as one last test before I contact WOS which is were I purchased the box from.
Thanks again for your help.

judge
04-02-15, 01:39
Serious headache reading this thread & many others recently.
Exact setup, proper screenshots = issues resolved a lot faster without users thinking they need to return 'faulty' boxes.

bigcoops
04-02-15, 01:48
What are your thoughts on my problem, have we come to the correct conclusion do you think.

judge
04-02-15, 01:49
What are your thoughts on my problem, have we come to the correct conclusion do you think.
correct conclusion = working as expected or not? :confused:

bigcoops
04-02-15, 01:55
No, I don't think it is working as expected or as it should.

judge
04-02-15, 01:58
No, I don't think it is working as expected or as it should.

Why? Screenshots & logs, along with what you expect.
Same settings work previously? debug logs.

Sicilian
04-02-15, 06:29
I've seen Sky LNB's do strange things, if it where me I'd try to test on alternative LNB/Dish/Feeds.

bigcoops
04-02-15, 08:10
Good idea, a friend of mine has sattelite installed i'll see if he'll allow me to test my box on his system.

Sicilian
04-02-15, 08:24
To test to a manual single satellite scan on each tuner. Ensure to connect to Satellite feeds and not the Hybrid tuner.

Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Manual Scan.

1) Set tuner at top using left/right buttons.
2) Set 'Type of Scan' to 'Single Satellite'.

Leave other settings as default, run the manual scan on each tuner.

bigcoops
04-02-15, 12:27
To test to a manual single satellite scan on each tuner. Ensure to connect to Satellite feeds and not the Hybrid tuner.

Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Manual Scan

1) Set tuner at top using left/right buttons.
2) Set 'Type of Scan' to 'Single Satellite'.

Leave other settings as default, run the manual scan on each tuner.

Is this another test on my system or what i should do to test on my friends system.

Sicilian
04-02-15, 12:33
Is this another test on my system or what i should do to test on my friends system.

Test on both if you want, but ensure you are using a known 100% working feed.

bigcoops
04-02-15, 12:57
Test on both if you want, but ensure you are using a known 100% working feed.

Which is what i thought mine was as all i've done is disconnect a working sky receiver and connected
the TM receiver to the same feeds.

Sicilian
04-02-15, 12:59
Which is what i thought mine was as all i've done is disconnect a working sky receiver and connected
the TM receiver to the same feeds.

Test on an alternative LNB/Dish.

bigcoops
04-02-15, 13:17
OK will do.

twol
04-02-15, 13:21
OK will do.
A really silly question but do you have 4 separate cables coming out of a quad LNB or do you have a DiSEqC switch in there somewhere?
Apologies if yiu have already stated but this is is a really confused thread:)

bigcoops
04-02-15, 14:33
Yes 4 cables from a quad lnb.

bigcoops
07-02-15, 11:03
Tried the box on another system, scan returned over 900 channels, then scan in ABM returned over 600 cannels ( sky uk sd and freesat ).
However on doing a manual scan on 11778 it still returned 0 channels.

abu baniaz
07-02-15, 13:03
There may be an error in settings being used for a manual scan of 11778, possibly not changing from Horizontal to Vertical. ABM obtains data from this frequency, so if it worked, then reception of that frequency is fine. Just for information, it is the same frequncy used by cross epg downloader.

ABM does not get all the 900+ channels because a large number of these are not viewable.

Huevos
07-02-15, 18:27
Tried the box on another system, scan returned over 900 channels, then scan in ABM returned over 600 cannels ( sky uk sd and freesat ).
However on doing a manual scan on 11778 it still returned 0 channels.That is because 11778 doesn't carry tv or radio channels. All those channels are flagged as data. Anyway your testing proves your install needs attention.

bigcoops
10-02-15, 15:46
Will have to wait til weekend to check everything out , cables , dish etc .
Just out of curiosity , which is the best channel/frequency to use on satfinder to
position the dish.

lincsat
10-02-15, 23:39
When you do the manual scan on 11778, put the network search to ON

abu baniaz
11-02-15, 01:05
Will have to wait til weekend to check everything out , cables , dish etc .
Just out of curiosity , which is the best channel/frequency to use on satfinder to
position the dish.
Start with the strong ones, then use the weaker ones.

BBC One then perhaps BT Sports.

bigcoops
11-02-15, 09:49
When you do the manual scan on 11778, put the network search to ON

Still returns 0 channels

Huevos
11-02-15, 17:22
When you do the manual scan on 11778, put the network search to ONWhy? We are trying to diagnose a problem with ABM.

Huevos
11-02-15, 17:35
which is the best channel/frequency to use on satfinder to
position the dish.Don't worry about satfinder. Download "Enigma Signal Finder" app. That way you can adjust the dish and see the meter at the same time.

lincsat
12-02-15, 14:22
Why? We are trying to diagnose a problem with ABM.

Without the Network search set to on, it will not find the 900+ channels, only the 9 or so on that particular transponder which in some posts, is suggested to be a problem.

abu baniaz
12-02-15, 15:01
Without the Network search set to on, it will not find the 900+ channels, only the 9 or so on that particular transponder which in some posts, is suggested to be a problem.
Objective is not to scan the 900+ channels. Objective to is to confirm that his setup locks onto the transponder that ABM and CrossEPG downloader uses. Those 9 "data" channels will be fine.

I had submitted a change to use the sky999 details, it got rejected becasue it is masking a problem that the user could have. Even if we get ABM to work by using another transponder, there will still be an issue with Cross EPG downloader. So best to fix the local issue.

I may be wrong, but I suspect that the OP is using incorrect scanning details. He could receive those 9 channels before! Unless he can show a screenshot of what his scanning details are, we won't know for definite.

bigcoops
13-02-15, 14:08
Objective is not to scan the 900+ channels. Objective to is to confirm that his setup locks onto the transponder that ABM and CrossEPG downloader uses. Those 9 "data" channels will be fine.

I had submitted a change to use the sky999 details, it got rejected becasue it is masking a problem that the user could have. Even if we get ABM to work by using another transponder, there will still be an issue with Cross EPG downloader. So best to fix the local issue.

I may be wrong, but I suspect that the OP is using incorrect scanning details. He could receive those 9 channels before! Unless he can show a screenshot of what his scanning details are, we won't know for definite.

Not sure what details needed so heres a few shots

Huevos
13-02-15, 15:28
Please post screenshots of satfinder.

Tuner A and tuner B

28E, DVB-S, QPSK, 11778 V 27500 2/3.

bbbuk
13-02-15, 17:23
I've only scanned this thread but it seems that you can't pickup that specific frequency regardless of where the box is and your TM box has no problems.

If it were me, I would do a full backup and then usb flash Apollo 142 without setting restore and first thing I would do then (before doing anything else) is see if this frequency can be scanned without a problem.

I'm not sure if you have already done a usb scan to latest build without restore already!

abu baniaz
13-02-15, 17:32
@Bigcoops, we need to esatblish your reception of the transponder used by ABM is correct. Your pictures show you scanning a different one. Please refer to post 48 as well as 59 for settings to be used.

If you paste the following in your browser's address bar, you will get a screen shot which you can then save. Change the x.xx so that it matches your receiver's IP.

http://192.168.x.xx/grab?format=jpg

bigcoops
13-02-15, 22:02
@Bigcoops, we need to esatblish your reception of the transponder used by ABM is correct. Your pictures show you scanning a different one. Please refer to post 48 as well as 59 for settings to be used.

If you paste the following in your browser's address bar, you will get a screen shot which you can then save. Change the x.xx so that it matches your receiver's IP.

http://192.168.x.xx/grab?format=jpg

Screenshots as requested

abu baniaz
13-02-15, 22:21
Many thanks. OK, we now know for definite you cannot receiver that transponder. Until you fix your reception issue, please use Lraizer's Autobouquets E2. AB 28.2 uses any available transponder.

Please be aware that EPG data for 28.2 is downloaded from that transponder so you will have to resolve the reception issue.

duoduo
06-04-15, 21:15
Hi Bigcoops, did you get to the bottom of your issue? I'm having the same issues with my zero can't scan ABM or crossepg...

abu baniaz
06-04-15, 21:27
Hi Bigcoops, did you get to the bottom of your issue? I'm having the same issues with my zero can't scan ABM or crossepg...
See this thread, similar issue
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44840-timeout-for-tuner-lock

abu baniaz
06-04-15, 21:32
Forget that. He had a complete tuner failure.

Flyingpig
07-04-15, 21:42
Just for help for anyone else having this issue --- I had the same issue on my friends setup, but when I connected the second LNB it worked okay.

Dont know whether this has any baring on the problem, but got the exact same message with just one LNB connected,,,,,