PDA

View Full Version : Image Updates. Do I need them?

peterthepainter
01-02-15, 14:20
Advise please: I have a TM Nano2 Super running openvix-Apollo image. I was wondering why there are so many Image Upgrades and whether I need to keep my STB up to date with them? I've counted 23 new Images for my box since 1st December. I understand that the software constantly need to be 'ironed out', but every 2 or 3 days seems a bit excessive! :p
Thanks.

Larry-G
01-02-15, 14:27
Advise please: I have a TM Nano2 Super running openvix-Apollo image. I was wondering why there are so many Image Upgrades and whether I need to keep my STB up to date with them? I've counted 23 new Images for my box since 1st December. I understand that the software constantly need to be 'ironed out', but every 2 or 3 days seems a bit excessive! :p
Thanks.

The ViX image is in a constant state of flux, and is constantly being updated with new features and fixes where applicable. you dont have to update if you dont want to but if you dont you will not be able to take advantage of the various additions and fixes.

abu baniaz
01-02-15, 14:29
If you are happy with your image, there is no need to update.

You will lose out on enhancements/bug fixes. There have also been many driver updates/tweaks for the TMs last few weeks as well as for other manufacturers.