PDA

View Full Version : New mut@nt hd 2800.

Blu-ray
01-02-15, 14:19
There is talk about a new Mut@nt HD 2800 stb due out at the end of June. The Mut@nt HD 2400 with its swappable tuners and with E2bmc xbmc/kodi is a rock solid receiver. I dont know how they are going to improve on a already good stb, maybe they are making Android and Satellite box all in one.

spudlydudly
08-02-15, 11:20
Do you really think this box is well supported? I bought one for e2bmc. But nothing seems to have happened.
It does work but only basically.
If you google support for the mutant you won't find any.
I think it was a white elephant. It promised but didn't deliver.
So why they want to release another box I don't know.

Larry-G
08-02-15, 11:27
Do you really think this box is well supported? I bought one for e2bmc. But nothing seems to have happened.

Good support is not about how many image teams release images, good support is about getting a lot of different things rite such as drivers and from all accounts the mut@nt can not be faulted on driver support. plus if you do look the Mut@nt HD2400 has full ViX and Pli support just to name two, E2BMC on the other hand is a work in progress, not dissimilar to the offering from Vu+ which it self is still in a beta state and in my opinion nothing to write home about.

spudlydudly
08-02-15, 11:38
I appreciate that. But it's crowning glory over other receivers was going to be the ability to run xbmc, but as their is a beta coming for the vu+. This means mutant lost it's unique selling point.
I'm not saying it's not a good receiver, but given a time machine I would of gone duo.
I have a vu solo2 but I wanted to use a cable tuner for my cinema as I wanted the HD.

Sicilian
08-02-15, 11:39

Theres a beta of E2BMC on its way with Autobouquets and crossepg working now too.

Andy_Hazza
08-02-15, 12:08
I'm seriously looking at getting a Mut@nt 2400HD.
Sicilian, is it a nice box? looks wise as well? as I have a Vu+ Solo2 and I think that's a lovely looking box. And in your opinion how is the remote in comparison to a Vu+ remote?
Your feedback would be great, thanks very muchly. :thumbsup:

Larry-G
08-02-15, 12:10
Sicilian, is it a nice box? looks wise as well? as I have a Vu+ Solo2 and I think that's a lovely looking box. And in your opinion how is the remote in comparison to a Vu+ remote?

Norm bought one a while ago and he has the Duo2 and LX3 to compare it with so he should be a good person to ask about how it fares up against those.

rossi2000
08-02-15, 12:12
i am hopefully going to order a mutant later this afternoon :)

Sicilian
08-02-15, 12:13
For me I love it, used to use the Duo2, but if i'm honest the colour LCD got on my whick, also I'm not able to get the tuner configuration I want with the Duo2. 1x Satellite, 3x Hybrid. Regards the remote, yep good quality. My only gripe with the remote is the position of the coloured buttons at the bottom, would prefer them higher up, but not the end of the world as the 'F' keys can be programmed in buttons setup. One thing to keep in mind, its not a universal remote. In all honesty I use my Harmony remote, rarely used the HD2400 remote.

Lookswise, imo looks better in real life than in the pictures.

Andy_Hazza
08-02-15, 13:13
For me I love it, used to use the Duo2, but if i'm honest the colour LCD got on my whick, also I'm not able to get the tuner configuration I want with the Duo2. 1x Satellite, 3x Hybrid. Regards the remote, yep good quality. My only gripe with the remote is the position of the coloured buttons at the bottom, would prefer them higher up, but not the end of the world as the 'F' keys can be programmed in buttons setup. One thing to keep in mind, its not a universal remote. In all honesty I use my Harmony remote, rarely used the HD2400 remote.

Lookswise, imo looks better in real life than in the pictures.

So we can't programme the remote to turn our tv off?

Blu-ray
08-02-15, 13:27

As Sicilian said very good box as for me lot better than the Duo & Ultmo i had and has never missed a beat, just waiting for E2bmc than i would rate it 10/10. I could be in the market for a solo2 if u decide to sell.

nsw9154
08-02-15, 13:31
Andy the Mut@nt is Superb and my favorite receiver, I have had no major problems with it apart from one instance with the drivers and that was soon sorted out
I had a few problems lately with the Hard Drive but Sicilian put me right I had it mounted incorrectly so that was my fault and user error :rolleyes:
The remote control - well I like it apart from the positioning of the colored buttons and the Record Button being directly under the power button, I have accidentally turned it off instead or setting it to record twice but I now know my way around it and most of the time I can operate it with one hand
and until I purchased my Mut@nt the LX3 was my favorite receiver that is also Rock Solid and I have had no problems with that either

GO ON ANDY Treat yourself to a Mut@nt you know you want one :D:cool:

Andy_Hazza
08-02-15, 13:45
Andy the Mut@nt is Superb and my favorite receiver, I have had no major problems with it apart from one instance with the drivers and that was soon sorted out
I had a few problems lately with the Hard Drive but Sicilian put me right I had it mounted incorrectly so that was my fault and user error :rolleyes:
The remote control - well I like it apart from the positioning of the colored buttons and the Record Button being directly under the power button, I have accidentally turned it off instead or setting it to record twice but I now know my way around it and most of the time I can operate it with one hand
and until I purchased my Mut@nt the LX3 was my favorite receiver that is also Rock Solid and I have had no problems with that either

GO ON ANDY Treat yourself to a Mut@nt you know you want one :D:cool:

lol. It doesn't take much for me to treat myself. [emoji5]️
One other thing, Sicilian says the remote isn't universal so that means we can't programme tv to it can we?

nsw9154
08-02-15, 13:53
Not that I know of mate it just operates the Mutant

DaMacFunkin
08-02-15, 14:20
I have a vu solo2 but I wanted to use a cable tuner for my cinema as I wanted the HD.

Add a sundtek USB cable tuner works really well on solo2 I know I run that set up, ps I have a sundtek USB cable and a a sundtek USB sat tuner on my duo2 which gives me 3 sat and 2 cable tuners and that works really well, and when VU+ get round to releasing the dual cable tuner that will give me.... Lots of flexibility.

Sicilian
08-02-15, 14:27
@ Andy, I use a harmony 650, beats and umiversal remote that comes a receiver.

spudlydudly
08-02-15, 14:30
I got a USB cable tuner from *********** but apparently the kernel change means the drivers don't work anymore, *********** were no help and suggested I find a image before 0040, which as were on 0135 seems abit daft.

Add a sundtek USB cable tuner works really well on solo2 I know I run that set up, ps I have a sundtek USB cable and a a sundtek USB sat tuner on my duo2 which gives me 3 sat and 2 cable tuners and that works really well, and when VU+ get round to releasing the dual cable tuner that will give me.... Lots of flexibility.

Sicilian
08-02-15, 14:45
I got a USB cable tuner from *********** but apparently the kernel change means the drivers don't work anymore, *********** were no help and suggested I find a image before 0040, which as were on 0135 seems abit daft.

What did you expect from them con merchants?

spudlydudly
08-02-15, 14:50
Sorry I didn't mean to advertise them, they were not helpful

Larry-G
08-02-15, 15:01
@ Andy, I use a harmony 650, beats and umiversal remote that comes a receiver.

Same her, I have the 600 and 650, they are light years ahead of the standard remotes on offer from all STB manufacturers.

Larry-G
08-02-15, 15:02
Sorry I didn't mean to advertise them, they were not helpful

They never are once they have you money, sadly you have experienced that for your self.

rossi2000
10-02-15, 23:23
i got my mutant today.