PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Twin HD] EPG population

adm
01-02-15, 09:42
Twin Satellite tuners, Astra 28.2. UK Freesat channels

I recently downloaded/installed version 131 having previously skipped the previous 5/6 issues.

I'm finding that on coming out of deep standby the whole of the EPG information is missing. It then populates slowly over a period of 10 to 20 minutes, presumably from the broadcast information BUT... After, say, an hour later, on some random channels there will be large holes in the information UNTIL that channel is selected. At this point the information will immediately appear in the now/next and then back in the grid view for the current program but the EPG for the subsequent program is still missing.

My EPG is configured to store to the internal hard disk with the search and save both set to 4 hours. A setting that has worked on previous VIX builds.

Larry-G
01-02-15, 10:19
Twin Satellite tuners, Astra 28.2. UK Freesat channels

I recently downloaded/installed version 131 having previously skipped the previous 5/6 issues.

I'm finding that on coming out of deep standby the whole of the EPG information is missing. It then populates slowly over a period of 10 to 20 minutes, presumably from the broadcast information BUT... After, say, an hour later, on some random channels there will be large holes in the information UNTIL that channel is selected. At this point the information will immediately appear in the now/next and then back in the grid view for the current program but the EPG for the subsequent program is still missing.

My EPG is configured to store to the internal hard disk with the search and save both set to 4 hours. A setting that has worked on previous VIX builds.

Have you tried re-scanning the EPG after coming out of deep standby ?, The reason I say this is because EPG data is cached in the ram which of course will be wiped when the receiver is placed into deep standby. Yes I know that it is supposed to be saved to the designated storage media when powering down and re-read when powered up but I find if I do a rescan after powering up my receivers I have no further EPG issues ever.