PDA

View Full Version : cant flash box

sheraz2
31-01-15, 20:44
my box crashed. Then box reset by it self. Now it in a loop that keeps resetting.

I formatted numerous usbs sticks to fat 32. . I switched of power at back. Put in stick. When rec was red pressed ch+ front of box.
Then nothing...

i have tried the different format methods with the hp tool as well.

on some usbs it doesnt even stop and just boots the box and other usbs both lights go red but pressing up channel does nothing.

was purchased from WOS a while back

^^COMPASS^^
31-01-15, 22:15
Check your USB Stick for a file named noforce

rename this file to 'force' to force an update without confirmation

Then your box will flash from USB

cactikid
31-01-15, 23:41
if that does not work try ch- as i had to go through the routine of bootloader and the tut when it said + would boot straight up and changed it to - and it loaded.

sheraz2
01-02-15, 01:13

will give this a try in the afternoon when i get a chance and report back

if that does not work try ch- as i had to go through the routine of bootloader and the tut when it said + would boot straight up and changed it to - and it loaded.

have tried the ch - no luck feel like chucking it in the bin.

degoosefish
01-02-15, 01:53
sounds like a USB stick issue - i had a few dodge usb sticks in my time and the operating system just ignored them on boot up, I thought I was going mad. Forget about everything else for now If its an xp1000 stb then you defo need to keep trying different usb stick I find one that always works is "Kingston USB"

nsw9154
01-02-15, 05:21
Have you tried using HP Format tool to format your USB Drive with http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-HP-USB-Stick-Drive-Format-Tool

sheraz2
02-02-15, 09:22

You are a superstar. This worked.

cactikid
08-02-15, 11:31
never chuck a linux box in the bin,it drives us all mad and the simple things can trip us up,one reason why this forum is great with support:thumbsup:

Larry-G
08-02-15, 11:36
never chuck a linux box in the bin,it drives us all mad and the simple things can trip us up,one reason why this forum is great with support:thumbsup:

I have lost count of the amount of times I have had to walk away from one of my E2 receivers, otherwise they would have ended up staring in their very own Vs a shotgun video on youtube.

Like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Hg1Y8iTxg

cactikid
08-02-15, 12:04
hahahaha starview fix part 2 love it:D

jaymiller10
17-05-16, 18:20
hi can anyone help me I am looking for a softwear for a starview 7 box and havn't got any idea were to start I normaly pay someone £55 pound to come and do it for me but I have just had a baby and all my money is going on herath the minuat any help would be gratefull thanx