PDA

View Full Version : Tune Failed?

mick7575
31-01-15, 14:24
A m8 bought the Eco+ connected to dvb-c and is having all kinds of trouble with it. Using Autobouquets or a normal scan, the end result is always the same, tune failed on lots of channels. I dont know if snr is meant to move but that is always 0 and agc 0 to 98 depending on the channel.
I've got the box here and its exactly the same. No splitter, decent cables, tried both inputs on tuners, with and without the loop cable. Try and record something and it goes into meltdown, the previously good picture will start stuttering and blocking as soon as the recording starts. Is it wired correctly? Ant in1 looped to Ant In2

Any help, cheers

Sicilian
31-01-15, 15:53
To test the tuners test as Terrestrial.

Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Select the appropriate tuner > Set to DVB-T/T2 whatever it allows you.

Set Terrestrial Provider to GB Provider for your area.

Run a manual scan. Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Manual Scan > Select appropriate tuner at top. Set 'Type of Scan' to 'Complete'. Set Network Scan to YES.

You could have an issue with your feed.

Regards recording, have you initialised the HDD correctly? Have you checked the mount point? Blue button > VIX > Mount Mananger > Set HDD to /media/hdd

mick7575
31-01-15, 16:43
Yes its mounted properly. Daft as it sounds its as though the recording is draining the signal from the channel you are watching

I've just tested with the Terrestrial signal and thats fine, 126 channels found and all in the 90s. Regards the cable feed, at his house and mine a miraclebox runs without problem.

penfolduk
26-02-15, 16:35
I'm getting the same as well
emailed world of Satellite. Co.uk whilst forum was down and they said there's another vix update 150 either today or tomorrow that contains new drivers that's supposed to fix it

I hope it does I'm at a loss if it doesn't

Sicilian
26-02-15, 16:39
Build 150 has new Hybrid tuner drivers for the Unibox Eco+.

BoxFreak
26-02-15, 16:57
Build 150 has new Hybrid tuner drivers for the Unibox Eco+.

Unfortunately Multicom has not been able to fix DVB-T2 yet, so those bouquets wont be found (at least in Finnish terrestrial network...), tested with 22.2. drivers and Agonis image. Also there is some issues with DVB-T channel switching (tune failed) when starting viewing or changing channel (especially from one bouquet to another) but after a while picture is seen. SNR stays now stable, but value is lower than for example HD3 boxes in same cable (69% compared to 99%).

Sicilian
26-02-15, 16:58
Unfortunately Multicom has not been able to fix DVB-T2 yet, so those bouquets wont be found (at least in Finnish terrestrial network...). Also there is some issues with DVB-T channel switching (tune failed) when starting viewing or changing channel (especially from one bouquet to another) but after a while picture is seen. SNR stays now stable, but value is lower than for example HD3 boxes in same cable (69% compared to 99%).

New drivers tested and working for T2 in UK.

BoxFreak
26-02-15, 17:03

Lucky you... Hope that they work for you after they fix them for us... ;)

Sicilian
26-02-15, 17:06
Lucky you... Hope that they work for you after they fix them for us... ;)

Try build 150, uploading now, tested and working fine here on T2.

BoxFreak
26-02-15, 17:17
Try build 150, uploading now, tested and working fine here on T2.

That's not going to help. Agonis is based on ATV image and that then on oe-alliance...
I test with Agonis, as they seem to get the drivers first in their image (for some reason) :D
Oe-alliance git gets the drivers from the Agonis site...
Besides that Multicom has confirmed me the T2 problem and estimated couple of weeks time to fix the drivers (for Finland).
I promise to install OpenViX when I get working drivers verified...

penfolduk
26-02-15, 21:28
Has driver worked won't have chance to do mine till tomorrow

Sicilian
26-02-15, 21:41
Has driver worked won't have chance to do mine till tomorrow

You haven't said if you're using terrestrial or cable.

penfolduk
27-02-15, 10:03
You haven't said if you're using terrestrial or cable.

ive got twin cable

penfolduk
27-02-15, 23:19
Driver update not working for me on cable

Still getting tuner failed after a short amount of time

Sicilian
27-02-15, 23:41
Driver update not working for me on cable

Still getting tuner failed after a short amount of time

Check your feeds, f connectors, splitters etc...

JohnaJames
28-02-15, 11:03

Not for the twin hybrid version, only the combo version.

penfolduk
28-02-15, 11:41
Check your feeds, f connectors, splitters etc...

done that several times also changed to another house still the same tuner fails after a while

Sicilian
28-02-15, 17:35
New drivers for Twin DVB-C/T/T2 tuner today
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/15aadc80f54fb12edb190850d8b5a4c227998efa

Will be in build 152 onwards.

penfolduk
28-02-15, 17:58
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/15aadc80f54fb12edb190850d8b5a4c227998efa

Thankyou

When will 152 be ready

Sicilian
28-02-15, 17:59
Thankyou

When will 152 be ready

151 is currently build, due to be uploaded tomorrow morning all going well. Once uploaded we'll start building 152.

JohnaJames
02-03-15, 15:21

Just updated to build 152 with twin hybrid tuner, T2 problem still exists, still getting 'tuned failed' when selecting T2 channels.

penfolduk
02-03-15, 15:24
Same here still getting tuner failed on cable mainly HD

Can't believe that worldofsatellite.co.uk sell something that has problems tuning into channels

Sicilian
02-03-15, 15:24
Just updated to build 152 with twin hybrid tuner, T2 problem still exists, still getting 'tuned failed' when selecting T2 channels.

Yes already advised the manufacturer, its still being worked on.

BoxFreak
02-03-15, 19:57
Yes already advised the manufacturer, its still being worked on.

Thanks for being active on this. In Finland with 20150228 drivers now DVB-T channels SNR is up to 98%, slow on channel change but better than previous driver. DVB-T2 channels not found at all, no matter if its automatic or manual search.

penfolduk
03-03-15, 02:17
There seems to be a lot of enficice on dvb-t will new drivers sort out dvb-c tuner fails as well

penfolduk
04-03-15, 23:58
Any updates? ???

Sicilian
06-03-15, 07:07
Still being worked on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoxFreak
06-03-15, 07:37
Still being worked on.
Yes, they seem to be working hard on this as new drivers comes every 1-3 days. Tried yesterday 20150304 drivers, but that did not have visible effects/changes (for end user) compared to 20150228 drivers.
Its nice to see manufacturer taking problems seriously and acting on them (compared to for example to xtrends non existing ET8000 support).

jugulator
06-03-15, 18:03
Just purchased a Eco+. After trying for several hours, and researching reached here. I didn't realise there is issue with tuner with this receiver. I can only some channels, most of the stuttering. I am not sure if this is my fault or the receivers. I hope it will be fixed with updates.

jugulator
06-03-15, 18:10
Some channels say Tune Failed with SNR and AGC both at 0. Is it because of the physical connection issue? If so how do I check? I have a cable connected via a splitter to Tuner A; Tuner B nothing connected. MY cable is good quality and connections are fine. BBC1 and BBC2 is playing fine but stuttering.

Sicilian
06-03-15, 21:13
Some channels say Tune Failed with SNR and AGC both at 0. Is it because of the physical connection issue? If so how do I check? I have a cable connected via a splitter to Tuner A; Tuner B nothing connected. MY cable is good quality and connections are fine. BBC1 and BBC2 is playing fine but stuttering.

Cable or Terrestrial?

jugulator
06-03-15, 21:47
Cable.

penfolduk
10-03-15, 08:59
any news on new drivers yet box is useless at the moment on cable

penfolduk
12-03-15, 11:25
any news on new drivers yet box is useless at the moment on cable

still waiting for this to get sorted :bored:

jugulator
14-03-15, 07:26
It looks like no one really shows any interest in this box. Likely the cable tuners are faulty. I have sent mine back. I have to say the box was otherwise pretty neat. It was as quick as my solo 2, considering the having 1/3rd of the processor speed, this is pretty good.

Andy_Hazza
14-03-15, 09:19
still waiting for this to get sorted :bored:

I wouldn't be waiting, I would have sent back as soon as I knew of the issues. Better boxes around imo.

penfolduk
14-03-15, 10:00
I wouldn't be waiting, I would have sent back as soon as I knew of the issues. Better boxes around imo.

Sending back next week if nothing get sorted they only seem to be interested in the HDx drivers

Sicilian
14-03-15, 10:14
??? Hdx is old, hde is new model and your talking noncense, look in the GIT and you'll a number of driver changes and kernel update.

If using T2, wait for new drivers, if cable send back.

BoxFreak
26-03-15, 08:29
Hello,
For those interested some test results...
Tried the linuxdvb_7405-3.14.21-20150325.tar.gz drivers. Some progress with T2 as now the driver found 1 (of the 5 available) T2 bouquets with
automatic scan (or manual scan). Unfortunately it shows only 8% signal for it (and channels are not viewable, HD3 shows 66% for same bouquet...). DVB-T channels loses every now and then signal (0%) when switching channels. The automatic search is very slow it took roughly 50 minutes to complete. It looks like the driver is now consuming lot of HW resources as the box feels slow in all operations.
So for T2 some progress, otherwise a big step back from 20150304 drivers.
driver functionality.

penfolduk
30-03-15, 08:30
sorted mine myself used some old drivers i found in another image

no more tuner fails on cable

abu baniaz
30-03-15, 08:43
Don't keep it to yourself.

penfolduk
30-03-15, 09:46
got the idea from another thread

i found a opennfr 4.3 image from January this year, flashed my venton eco box with it and found that all channels were ok even HD cleared but recordings had no sound so then i copied the tuner driver file linuxdvb.ko via ftp then reflashed box with latest Apollo uploaded working drivers rebooted and hey presto one perfect box spent all day yesterday flicking channels to get tuner to fail and couldn't

i have linuxdvb.ko file saved if anyone wants to try 8mb

it need to go into folders lib/modules/3.0.6/extra/ (not sure if 3.0.6 is right but its the only folder in the modules folder)

Larry-G
30-03-15, 17:25
got the idea from another thread

i found a opennfr 4.3 image from January this year, flashed my venton eco box with it and found that all channels were ok even HD cleared but recordings had no sound so then i copied the tuner driver file linuxdvb.ko via ftp then reflashed box with latest Apollo uploaded working drivers rebooted and hey presto one perfect box spent all day yesterday flicking channels to get tuner to fail and couldn't

i have linuxdvb.ko file saved if anyone wants to try 8mb

it need to go into folders lib/modules/3.0.6/extra/ (not sure if 3.0.6 is right but its the only folder in the modules folder)

The 3.0.6 part refers to the kernel version the image was built with, the drivers being used must also be built for this kernel version or the receiver won't function properly, or boot up at all for that matter. So be very careful mixing and matching drivers and make sure they are the correct ones for the Linux kernel in use with the image.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

antwan
30-03-15, 18:50
Hi sorry for jumping on this thread. its just that I have had no success in scanning for channels with cable on this box (eco+ ...vix161), Reading the above threads am I right in assuming can't be done because of driver issues. I have used AutoBouquets maker and got some 300 channels.

Sicilian
30-03-15, 18:58
Hi sorry for jumping on this thread. its just that I have had no success in scanning for channels with cable on this box (eco+ ...vix161), Reading the above threads am I right in assuming can't be done because of driver issues. I have used AutoBouquets maker and got some 300 channels.

Drivers do not affect DVB-C, also you've scanned with ABM, so whats your issue?

penfolduk
30-03-15, 19:03

What you got to lose by doing what I did, you'll send box back they'll send back as they'll be nothing wrong with it as FTA channels work ok
multikom said my box was broke and wanted me to send to them in Germany which would of cost me to say there's nothing wrong with it
I don't think they realise they've got a problem with drivers I've emailed them my findings but had no response yet

penfolduk
30-03-15, 19:08
Also I've turned off updates on the box as new drivers will send me back to square one

antwan
30-03-15, 23:39
Thanks for input ..the issue is that when I scan using DVB-C I get tune failed I can't help but think its me not setting up cable parameters correctly.
Tuners work fine on terrestrial and ABM has given me the enough cable channels to suffice my needs .
I'm quite a newby with cable so I will persevere ... great info on here just have to locate it.

penfolduk
31-03-15, 00:14
Have you set up tuners correctly in service searching you need to put in your network id to scan for channels, make sure you select dvb-c
AutoBouquetsmaker will tell you the number for your area you need mine is 15 (Lichfield) pick what you think the area is near you took me a few tries to get

BoxFreak
02-04-15, 11:33
I see that Venton has worked on drivers, but T2 not working in here yet. I now tested with agonis-4.3-uniboxhde-20150331 (with 28/02/15 drivers) image.
No slowness in autosearch (or system operations) or problems with channel changes noticed with this image.
I recognized something that might explain the problem. I noticed that the code rate used in here (4/5) for DVB-T2 is not available even in the manual search selection. Here is an link to the Finnish specification that I found (page 20):

http://www.digita.fi/files/1160/Finnish_DTTV_RoO_versio_1_1_final.pdf

penfolduk
03-04-15, 17:10
I see that Venton has worked on drivers, but T2 not working in here yet. I now tested with agonis-4.3-uniboxhde-20150331 (with 28/02/15 drivers) image.
No slowness in autosearch (or system operations) or problems with channel changes noticed with this image.
I recognized something that might explain the problem. I noticed that the code rate used in here (4/5) for DVB-T2 is not available even in the manual search selection. Here is an link to the Finnish specification that I found (page 20):

http://www.digita.fi/files/1160/Finnish_DTTV_RoO_versio_1_1_final.pdf

thanks for sharing nice to know that someone else is bothered

Sicilian
04-04-15, 08:07
This should fix T2 scan https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/2ee0b0b584cbae71a54deb3299aa679b67f3097b

Will be in next ViX image.

BoxFreak
13-04-15, 07:28
Tried the new image, but did not help me. Discussed the matter with seller (he also discussed with manufacturer) and decided to sent the box for HW repair. Keep you posted once I get the box back.

BoxFreak
25-05-15, 10:23
An short update on this matter. HW repair was done.
Problem was still there after repair. There happens some kind of timeout when tuning to T2 channels.
I have now been in contact with Venton directly and they have been working on the driver to fix this.

jimbo2015
22-07-15, 22:40
An short update on this matter. HW repair was done.
Problem was still there after repair. There happens some kind of timeout when tuning to T2 channels.
I have now been in contact with Venton directly and they have been working on the driver to fix this.

Please can you let us know is there any update on this issue? This was posted at the end of May so I would hope it has been sorted bynow.

Sorry but I posted it elsewhere but maybe this is the right thread. Did you get the DVB-T2 channels working as well as DVB-T? How long will it be before this is sorted?

antwan
23-07-15, 11:24
yes I agree with what Jimbo 2015 is saying. I have tuned failed issues with two cable tuners , you can be watching bbc1 then flick to say channel 4 then back to bbc1 then tuned failed again.
I have tried different firmware inc vix hades , Adonis ,and openpli all resulting in the same tune failed issue.
They seems to be not much support for this box, I have sent the box back to supplier who have in-tern sent it to manufacturers thinking and hoping it is a hardware problem. It has been 3 week now and still waiting for box to be returned. any thoughts appreciated.

antwan
08-08-15, 13:23
Just got box back from sattv after 2mths came back with open pli image tried on terrestrial TV and seems to be working OK.
there was no explanation, what had been done to the box, so don't know if hardware or software problems.
I am wanting to put latest Hades image on but was wondering if the install will knock off or replace any drivers that may or may not have been installed during the repair.
Any thoughts about this before I commit appreciated.

BoxFreak
10-08-15, 10:39
Please can you let us know is there any update on this issue? This was posted at the end of May so I would hope it has been sorted bynow.

Sorry but I posted it elsewhere but maybe this is the right thread. Did you get the DVB-T2 channels working as well as DVB-T? How long will it be before this is sorted?

Drivers have been getting better, but still problems when doing channel search (needs to be done manually with correct parameters for each channel and many tries...) and switching T2 channels slow (not encrypted ~6 sec, encrypted ~40sec). Some recording issues also.

jonesmvix
25-10-16, 07:58
Hi, can anyone supply the linuxdvb.ko file that Penfolduk says is the best for DVB-C?