PDA

View Full Version : Advantages of getting the USB WiFi option when buying this box?

theo
29-01-15, 19:12
If i'm buying this box what are the advantages of getting the optional USB Wifi option of 'Wifi n 300mbps usb'. At the moment I have a Vu+Duo and I have it connected to my Router by ethernet (this allows me to connect wirelessly to the box).. I'm a bit confused really as to the benefit of the WiFi option (apart from the fact I can do away with the ethernet cable).

rossi2000
29-01-15, 19:16
stick with the cable :)

xhemp
29-01-15, 19:17
Hi theo,

If you can connect directly with the Ethernet cable, do so, it's much better/faster/stable than via Wifi. I'd say Wifi is just for people that are not able to have a cable to the box.

Cheers.

Andy_Hazza
29-01-15, 19:17
I wouldn't personally go wifi, to unpredictable. Hard wired like your Vu+ Duo is setup now is far superior.

nsw9154
29-01-15, 19:56
Defiantly stick with Cable if you can Wi-Fi can be temperamental and is mainly used when people can not be bothered to run /or can not run a cable to the box

djusteve
15-12-15, 13:06
hi guys
I have a duo 2 which has built in wireless I believe, I would like to use this when out in campervan with mobile dish but cant get it to connect to home wirless in the house any tips appreciated.

mann
15-12-15, 15:41
hi guys
I have a duo 2 which has built in wireless I believe, I would like to use this when out in campervan with mobile dish but cant get it to connect to home wirless in the house any tips appreciated.

everytime i have this happen in network adapter settings i change from wpa2/wep to just wep or change what ever your current setting is save and restart network and then go back to original settings restart network and it always connects