PDA

View Full Version : Technomate TM-Twin-OE

scandia
29-01-15, 16:29
Hi I`m thinking about buying a Technomate TM-Twin-OE and wondered if anyone can tell me if the clock display works ok with the Vix image, I kn ow that there are problems with the front panel display only showing dots on the Ibox with Vix installed.
Just another question has anyone tried the Technomate TM-Nano 2 Super and do they think it is worth spending the extra £20 for a faster receiver.

scandia.

rossi2000
29-01-15, 16:36
spend the extra £20 for sure.

Larry-G
29-01-15, 16:46
Spend the extra and you will get real ViX support as well as a warranty and piece of mind that all the legal safety checks have been carried out prior to leaving the factory. You won't get any of the above with a clone like the ibox.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Sicilian
29-01-15, 17:14
Hi I`m thinking about buying a Technomate TM-Twin-OE and wondered if anyone can tell me if the clock display works ok with the Vix image, I kn ow that there are problems with the front panel display only showing dots on the Ibox with Vix installed.
Just another question has anyone tried the Technomate TM-Nano 2 Super and do they think it is worth spending the extra £20 for a faster receiver.

scandia.

No problem with the TM-Twin-OE display and ViX.

TM-Nano2 Super is a lot faster due to the 1.3GHz CPU.

Another to consider is the Technomate TM-Nano-3T, that comes with a new style universal learner remote control http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Technomate-Linux-HD-Receivers/Technomate-TM-Nano-3T-COMBO-Enigma-2-HD-Receiver-PVR

abu baniaz
29-01-15, 18:26
The Nano 2 Super does not have a front display panel. Would still prefer it over the Twin owing to the faster CPU and more memory. The 3T Combo has a display.

Larry-G
29-01-15, 18:44
The Nano 2 Super does not have a front display panel. Would still prefer it over the Twin owing to the faster CPU and more memory. The 3T Combo has a display.

Personally I quite like the fact that the Nano 2 super does not have a display, it's a nice little receiver and I think adding a display would spoil that clean look.

scandia
29-01-15, 19:17
Thanks for the replies looks like I`ll be spending the extra 20 suppose I could stick a different image on the Ibox , pity the wife has just got used to it with Vix on it.
scandia

Larry-G
29-01-15, 20:48
Thanks for the replies looks like I`ll be spending the extra 20 suppose I could stick a different image on the Ibox , pity the wife has just got used to it with Vix on it.
scandia

ViX fully support the entire TM linux line of receivers (except the TM800) so you can load ViX onto any of those, we cant however provide support for illegal, counterfeit receivers such as the ibox.

scandia
29-01-15, 23:18
Hi Pheonix I was`nt asking for support for the Ibox that receiver is what I bought to experiment with after being out of the satellite scene for a few years, The last receiver I used was an old Spiderbox which left me a in the lurch when the support stopped and I couldn`t afford to upgrade to a later version so I stopped messing with satellites.I am now looking to re kindle my interest and thought that TM range look pretty good I have never owned one as when they started to emerge on the market I was using a Dreambox along with a string of different CAM`s. So after a few months messing around with an Openbox and an Ibox I am looking at a more stable receiver now that they have become more affordable, I am gradually re learning stuff I had lock away into they back of my mind. So thanks to you all on this forum it looks like the sponsors will be getting my order for a Nano 2 Super tomorrow and I will be looking forward to receiving it on Monday. Thanks again for your help.

scandia.

Larry-G
29-01-15, 23:55
No offence intended it's just that the unscrupulous sellers of these clones do so with the false promise of official ViX support, and while I dislike turning users away who come asking for help, it is often left to us to tell users they have purchased counterfeit goods which we can't support.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

scandia
30-01-15, 01:41
no offence taken I can see where you are coming from I have fallen into the trap a couple of times, I have been playing with satellites for a long time (when Sly was a single channel on Hotbird and mister lying robdog newspaper mogul hadn`t got involve, my first sat system set me back £850+ for a Skyscan receiver 1.2 mtr offset dish etc and a switchable decoder for the likes of Premier and Filmnet) back in them days Premier was on 30W and MTV was a FTA channel. I`ve dipped in and out of the satellite as and when finances have allowed and it seems that as with every thing certain entertainment systems are becoming more affordable. Ive most of the different systems come and go such as D2mac with the squarial and the like the list of receivers I have tried in the past seems endless so I am looking forward to trying the TM I just wish I`d learned more abbout Linux when I had my Dreambox phase, but as they say you are never too old to learn and thanks to forums like yours learning gets a little bit easier.
Regards.

scandia.

mitz
06-02-15, 12:33
hi I'm totally new to this... just been given a TM-Twin. I wanted to see if I can get my skygo working on it..... could anyone assist? My friend (before he gave it to me) did put some new software on it which makes it look like sky but only shows the free to air channels. I've heard about XMBC which might be the way to get sky go on it.... any assistance would be great! thanks :)

pz8l8t
06-02-15, 13:28
hi I'm totally new to this... just been given a TM-Twin. I wanted to see if I can get my skygo working on it..... could anyone assist? My friend (before he gave it to me) did put some new software on it which makes it look like sky but only shows the free to air channels. I've heard about XMBC which might be the way to get sky go on it.... any assistance would be great! thanks :)
You won't get sky go on a TM Twin.

gilvey
06-02-15, 17:22
You can access the box via webif and data connection which will allow similar function to skygo if not better than skygo

Larry-G
08-02-15, 08:30
no offence taken I can see where you are coming from I have fallen into the trap a couple of times, I have been playing with satellites for a long time (when Sly was a single channel on Hotbird and mister lying robdog newspaper mogul hadn`t got involve, my first sat system set me back £850+ for a Skyscan receiver 1.2 mtr offset dish etc and a switchable decoder for the likes of Premier and Filmnet) back in them days Premier was on 30W and MTV was a FTA channel. I`ve dipped in and out of the satellite as and when finances have allowed and it seems that as with every thing certain entertainment systems are becoming more affordable. Ive most of the different systems come and go such as D2mac with the squarial and the like the list of receivers I have tried in the past seems endless so I am looking forward to trying the TM I just wish I`d learned more abbout Linux when I had my Dreambox phase, but as they say you are never too old to learn and thanks to forums like yours learning gets a little bit easier.
Regards.

scandia.

I am also a life long satellite nerd my self, and I have been swinging from ladders and messing with satellite dishes since 1989 at the ripe old age of 11. so yep I can see where your coming from.