PDA

View Full Version : USB vTuner

xhemp
29-01-15, 00:29
Hello,

What kind of USB vTuner the Mut@nt supports? Any DVB/C/T/S2 or is there any specific one?
Also, does it actually see the additional tuners as E F G?

Thanks!

steve43
29-01-15, 11:49
Hi,
I bought my mut@nt hd 2400 from WOS and it had 2 sat and 2X DVB-C/T/T2 TUNERS, It sees the tuners as A B C and D.
very easy to use, once you scan each tuner, the DVB-C/T/T2 tuners show up in satellites list as terrestrial services
hope this helps

xhemp
29-01-15, 18:30
Hi,
I bought my mut@nt hd 2400 from WOS and it had 2 sat and 2X DVB-C/T/T2 TUNERS, It sees the tuners as A B C and D.
very easy to use, once you scan each tuner, the DVB-C/T/T2 tuners show up in satellites list as terrestrial services
hope this helps

Thanks, Steve.
I actually also have a Mut@ant with 2 DVB-S2 and 2 DVB-C/T/T2. I was asking about additional (USB) tuners, want to know how they would work.
Anyway, I bought one yesterday, as soon as arrives, I will test it and post it here.

Cheers!

Sicilian
29-01-15, 19:28
Its should give you E,F, G...

xhemp
29-01-15, 19:43
Its should give you E,F, G...

Cheers, Sicilian! I will test tomorrow and update the thread.

xhemp
30-01-15, 11:23
So, I got the USB tuner and plugged it in, as expected, it does recognise as tuner E.
Problem is: its chip is a RTL2832 and it does support DVB-T/T2 and C but it is being recognised solely as DVB-T.
I found something interesting on the web where you can choose the demodulator you will be using (modprobe dvb_usb_rtl28xxu demod=2, for DVB-C) but it's giving me demod as an unknown parameter.
Question is: is it because that driver was not compiled with that option?

Thanks!

EDIT: Just opened the USB tuner, it has a Realtek RTL2832 and a Panasonic MN88473 chip.