PDA

View Full Version : noob - I need help with a basic set up..!

Hifty
28-01-15, 14:22
Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong sub section or forum completely! I'm trying to wrap my head around a set up I have at work and need some advice.

To try and keep things short; I'm a technician at a centre which has just set up an agreement with a well known theatre group to stream live shows.
Whilst i have good experience in running shows, i have very little knowledge on satellites. For that reason, I called a local company to install the dish and other equipment needed so it would be as hassle free as possible. As advised from the theatre, we installed a 1.8m dish into an Icecrypt S3700CHD receiver. The satellite they use is 10.02 Arqiva.

Now it's all set up, I'm trying (and failing) to receive the channel from the details they've sent through. I've spoken to their technician who advised our dish is facing the completely wrong way (?), but depending on what way we're facing, we may be able to pick up a stream. Is there a way of finding out what direction the dish is facing via the receiver?

I've received 3 spec lists from the theatre now, all listing different satellites, frequencies, symbol rates etc. etc.. When i look on my receiver on the install menu, it lists a total of 66 satellites. How do i know which one to use? I've spent hours inputting different details to different satellites but i'm getting nowhere.

I'm sorry for the extremely basic questions, but I'm just getting lost with it all. I've tried finding some info online but am struggling even with that.

Can anyone offer any help? :confused:

nsw9154
28-01-15, 15:03
Hello :wave: I am no expert either but it would be Help full if we knew what satellites you need to link to,as you say you have a choice of 66 here is a link to the kings of sat site it lists all the satellites and what frequency that are on

http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

Hifty
28-01-15, 16:06
Hello :wave: I am no expert either but it would be Help full if we knew what satellites you need to link to,as you say you have a choice of 66 here is a link to the kings of sat site it lists all the satellites and what frequency that are on

http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

Hello :wave:

Thanks for the reply. I was going to put up all the info but i wasn't sure whether i'd be giving out confidential info... :confused: ( I really don't have a clue!)

The info they told me originally to pass onto to the installation company was 10.02 Arqiva.
The satellite info they passed me originally was: BTV1 (A Telenor), Freq: 11247, Pol: V, SR: 24500, FEC: 7/8, Mod: DVB/QBSK

I originally had this set up, but after speaking to their technical and him advising me to reset the receiver to factory settings, I can't seem to work out how to set it back up again.

The later info they sent through: Intelsat 10-02 Freq: 11499, SR: 1500, Pol: V, FEC:2/3, Mod: 8PSK

Or, Thor 3 5, Intelsat 24.5 with the same details as above.

I can see the Intelsat on 'my list' on the receiver, but Thor is 5 6 rather than 3 5..

Also, the frequency, SR etc they mention.. I can edit the satellite info with these details or add it as a channel...?

I can't seem to work it all out.. It's frustrating not understanding it!

nsw9154
31-01-15, 05:30
Did you manage to get it sorted