PDA

View Full Version : Whats going to be in 1.4 and when will it be ready?

Ojustaboo
05-12-10, 22:27
Sorry, couldn't resist :rofl::sofahide:

punisher
05-12-10, 22:30
would be nice to see a darker version of the vu plus hd skin if anyone could make one :D

Sicilian
05-12-10, 22:31
LOL, lets get over the release of 1.3 first and let Andy iron any odd remaining bug's.

I think its best we keep any new features under wraps for now, otherswise it will a whole new 'when' thread.

If I'm honest we dont fully know ourselves, we're getting a list together atm.

Sicilian
05-12-10, 22:32
would be nice to see a darker version of the vu plus hd skin if anyone could make one :D

Why dont you have ago creating it and we'll put it in the download feed ;)

punisher
05-12-10, 22:47
would do but i wouldn't know where to start lol

Sicilian
05-12-10, 22:48
would do but i wouldn't know where to start lol

e2Skinner is a good place to start ;)

scoot1690
06-12-10, 01:35
never mind 1.4 whens 1.5 coming out lol 1.3 best image yet keep up the great work guys

mickbrush
06-12-10, 02:46
BBC/ITV iplayer would be top of my wish list for next release. @ the end of the day sooner or later we are going to need to be ready for ipTv. Lol Not even loaded 1.3 yet and asking for more, but sure it's all good well done Andy take some time off now it's Christmas.

silverfox0786
06-12-10, 03:12
BBC/ITV iplayer would be top of my wish list for next release. @ the end of the day sooner or later we are going to need to be ready for ipTv. Lol Not even loaded 1.3 yet and asking for more, but sure it's all good well done Andy take some time off now it's Christmas.

the iptv apps that you get on XBMC wii ps3 etc are more plugins then internal programs [just like apple movie trailer] and to start with Andy would need some sort of source code idealy the XBMC one as it in python but even then its some thing that will need to be researched first before jumping into it. Not writing it off but at the moment i dont this its anywhere high on the list.

Unless any one would like to code it into a plugin and Andy will impliment it into VIX

leecovuk
07-12-10, 01:37
It's great that the VU+ Duo is what, a year old (is that right?) and you guys are continuing to support it and produce images. Not that a year is a long time, though.

We all know that many receivers become little more than 'door stops' after a couple of years when 'the next big thing' is built and marketed, but I hope that doesn't happen to the VU+ Duo for a long time. Just writing the obvious there, really. All users like me can do is hope.

:)

Lee

silverfox0786
07-12-10, 01:46
It's great that the VU+ Duo is what, a year old (is that right?) and you guys are continuing to support it and produce images. Not that a year is a long time, though.

We all know that many receivers become little more than 'door stops' after a couple of years when 'the next big thing' is built and marketed, but I hope that doesn't happen to the VU+ Duo for a long time. Just writing the obvious there, really. All users like me can do is hope.

Lee

lee i know what you mean but then with that you have a successor too and i'm sure VIX will be there for that one too

where here to stay mate ;)

leecovuk
07-12-10, 03:11
lee i know what you mean but then with that you have a successor too and i'm sure VIX will be there for that one too

where here to stay mate ;)
Long may it last! The VU+ is my first linux receiver, and I assume that gives it a better shelf-life than non-linux ones. ie more can be done without needing to replace it. Let's hope the manufacturer has the same beliefs.

andyblac
07-12-10, 10:39

chance would be a fine thing, with everyone moaning about bugs :lol3: