PDA

View Full Version : Continuing.. on front display, vix image flashing

punisher
05-12-10, 21:44
Hi

I have a question in regards to flashing vix 1.2 and 1.3 nfi files via the utility. The utility goes through all the setup says flashing all completed and then on the front of the box it says "continuing.." and nothing happens. Am i meant to restart the box or am i supposed to be waiting for something to happen and if so how long

Thanks Guys for any help

silverfox0786
05-12-10, 21:46
as far as im aware the nfi flash process is the same on 1.3 as it is on 1.2

can you not try a usb flash its better and easier

punisher
05-12-10, 21:48
I have but the usb device i use, for some reason the box doesnt recognise it. I follow the folder tree and create the directories and add the files correctly, but the box just boots up as normal without even loading the usb so i have to do it this way. I did it with vix 1.2 using the nfi flash and when it said continuing i give it 5 mins or so and then reboot it, but was just wondering if there was something i was missing because i didnt get any errors or anything after the flash was done and rebooted but just wanted to make sure thats all

marty
05-12-10, 21:49
Is your USB formatted in FAT32? if it's NTFS it won't work :)

silverfox0786
05-12-10, 21:50
the usb flash must be done with all other usb devices removed from back 2 usb slots

i think thats y you cant flash and format the usb in fat32 fresh

it shouldn't wait like that

punisher
05-12-10, 21:54
formatted in fat32 and no other usb devices connected but nothing. however i still managed to flash 1.3 using nfi file and its booted up ok just now, so i will test it and mess about with it. was just curios thats all. not sure what is causing it. more than likely something i am doing but it seems ok at the moment. Another question, does this box support a tuner for cable network? if so which tuner is best for it? usb/ plug and play not too sure

marty
05-12-10, 21:54
the usb flash must be done with all other usb devices removed from back 2 usb slots

i think thats y you cant flash

Are you sure about that? I always leave my USB WiFi plugged in and it flashes OK.
If the USB has to be in the front slot to flash then surly the box doesn't look to the two rear slots?

silverfox0786
05-12-10, 21:56
Are you sure about that? I always leave my USB WiFi plugged in and it flashes OK.
If the USB has to be in the front slot to flash then surly the box doesn't look to the two rear slots?

just to be sure its best to unplug everything but some devices allow a reflash with it still plugged in

my sandisk USB requires being pulled out, its been mentioned here before in another thread

punisher
05-12-10, 22:18
ill try againg the next time i re flash for a screw up of mine lol any ideas about the cable tuners for the box?

silverfox0786
05-12-10, 22:19
yes the only one is the sundtel dvbt/c

punisher
05-12-10, 22:21
kool will check it out. sorry to keep asking questions (newbie lol) but wats the significance of creating a swapfile?

silverfox0786
05-12-10, 22:22
dont appologise

swap file stops any possible memory crashed amongst other things a very omportand and recommended feature to use

punisher
05-12-10, 22:25
whats the recommended size for the swapfile? the bigger the better?

silverfox0786
05-12-10, 22:40
whats the recommended size for the swapfile? the bigger the better?

yes mate in vix 1.3 it 96mb

recommended on usb stick

Sicilian
05-12-10, 22:43
Heres a good explanation about linux swapfile.

http://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/8208-all-about-linux-swap-space

punisher
05-12-10, 22:49
Thanks guys for the help (awsomely prompt as well) :D one last thing lol in the cross epg section what is XMLTV, OpenTV and XEPGDB providers and im guessing i just chose the uk options being in uk lol

Sicilian
05-12-10, 22:53
Thanks guys for the help (awsomely prompt as well) :D one last thing lol in the cross epg section what is XMLTV, OpenTV and XEPGDB providers and im guessing i just chose the uk options being in uk lol

Just choose one of the options, either XMLTV, Opentv or XEPGDB, I personally use XEPGDB.

bobonthejob
05-12-10, 22:53
Opentv gets the epg info from the satellites direct. Xepgdb and xmltv are created files that are downloaded. I think that's right.

I'm currently using opentv for 28.2 and xepgdb for a few of the other sources.

punisher
05-12-10, 23:14
so far loving 1.3 and the new zap function to scroll across channels, i was waiting for that so props. and the program up and down buttons change the channels now too :D

silverfox0786
05-12-10, 23:40
so far loving 1.3 and the new zap function to scroll across channels, i was waiting for that so props. and the program up and down buttons change the channels now too :D

see andy told you it will be better than ch -/+ :lol3:

Hamram
06-12-10, 22:30
Creating a swap file on USB, how long time is it supposed to take..? Last time I did it, I just started the process, and went out for a while. When I got back home, it was all done. This time I'm sitting and waiting, and so far I've been sitting here for at least 40 minutes, just waiting.... "Wait please while creating swapfile..."

Anybody..? Should I be patient, or start all over again?

silverfox0786
06-12-10, 22:35
where are you creating the swap hdd or usb ideally no more that 30 seconds or so

Hamram
06-12-10, 22:42
USB. Starting all over again...

punisher
06-12-10, 22:46
dam im having issues... everytime i try to change from cool tv guide to vix and restart the gui the box crashes at loading enigma 2 screen with the vix timer coming and going. ive reflashed and booted again and reinstalled the backup file and it does the same thing. ive uninstalled cool tv guide and then tried it and the box crashed.. not sure whats going on but anyone got any ideas

andyblac
07-12-10, 00:01
dam im having issues... everytime i try to change from cool tv guide to vix and restart the gui the box crashes at loading enigma 2 screen with the vix timer coming and going. ive reflashed and booted again and reinstalled the backup file and it does the same thing. ive uninstalled cool tv guide and then tried it and the box crashed.. not sure whats going on but anyone got any ideas

we can't help if you dont post crash logs

andyblac
07-12-10, 00:02
Creating a swap file on USB, how long time is it supposed to take..? Last time I did it, I just started the process, and went out for a while. When I got back home, it was all done. This time I'm sitting and waiting, and so far I've been sitting here for at least 40 minutes, just waiting.... "Wait please while creating swapfile..."

Anybody..? Should I be patient, or start all over again?

what size swapfile where you trying to create ?, if 96mb try creating a 64mb, some USB sticks dont like a 96mb swapfiles, we don't know why

Hamram
07-12-10, 01:19
Thanx! I'll try this tomorrow. I was trying on the 96 option. ;)

punisher
07-12-10, 16:50
i just reflashed again and again and again until it installed properly from scratch then did all updates and then reflashed from my backup and things seem to be a ok at the moment (touch wood) lol

canthackit
07-12-10, 17:26
Heres a good explanation about linux swapfile.

http://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/8208-all-about-linux-swap-space

Boss i read all the info and "good explanation" it may be, but i made my head hurt :rolleyes:

regards: canthackit