PDA

View Full Version : Noob with a new box

Willmoore
23-01-15, 00:07
My new box arrived today from WOS loaded with Vix and a 500gig hdd. It is connected to an old $ky dish with two feeds.
I'm not that techy minded but like to learn new stuff and hopefully with support from here i can get the best out of this piece of kit.
I have had a general play with it and after cocking up to begin with I think I'm back on track. I have both feeds on the astra sat and scanned for channels.
Almost a thousand channels were scanned in. When entering the EPG there does not seem to be any logic to the positioning of chanels and is very difficult to navigate. plus some channels are not there Film4 HD and Dave for example.
I have read better EPG's can be installed - can someone please give me a step by step guide to sorting this out. Please put it in the simplest of terms as I really am quite thick on these matters :confused:

judge
23-01-15, 00:21
EPG is different from channel lists.
As you're using VIX, AutoBouquetsMaker (channel lists) is installed by default.
Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> AutoBouquetsMaker.
Set that to your correct location & run it, channel lists will be sorted then.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> CrossEPG -> OpenTV providers, select Sky UK OpenTV,
Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> CrossEPG - Download now, EPG sorted for your UK requirements.

Chris205gti
23-01-15, 00:23
Hi, look for the Vix setup manual on this site, it's available in the download section, it will show you how to setup Auto Bouquet Manager (How your channels are organised) and how to setup the EPG data downloads.

Oops, beaten to it.

Willmoore
23-01-15, 00:36
Thanks chaps - I'll look at this tomorrow, my head's turning to mush now.
I give you fair warning, this is the first of many questions, :)

Willmoore
23-01-15, 09:12
That's much better thanks.
Is my understanding of PICONS correct - they are the icons/logos that are associated with different channels ?
If so, how do I add them to the EPG ? I have switched the on in the menu (I think) but no joy.
Cheers

bigvern
27-01-15, 16:55
Hi, look for the Vix setup manual on this site, it's available in the download section, it will show you how to setup Auto Bouquet Manager (How your channels are organised) and how to setup the EPG data downloads.

Oops, beaten to it.
cant seem to see this - can anyone provide a link please?

Larry-G
27-01-15, 17:01
Go to www.openvix.co.uk and look in the guides and tutorials section, there you will find the ViX manual and a load of ViX image flashing guides etc.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

bigvern
27-01-15, 20:08
cheers, got sky channels in order, there doesnt seem to be any numbers displayed on epg and I cant see option to turn it on?
also been pressing all the buttons but can seem to navigate up or down the epg a page at a time (is this possible?)

Stu
27-01-15, 21:11
I don't think there is an option to show channel numbers in the EPG.
Press 8 to move down a page and 2 to move up a page at a time.

Andy_Hazza
27-01-15, 21:36
No option for channel numbers in EPG unless you use Lraizers AutoBouquets. You can turn channel numbers on for the info bar via the user interfaces settings.