PDA

View Full Version : How to install new Sky skin. Help wanted badly

Spudgobbler
20-01-15, 20:55
Hi all,

This is a long shot but hopefully you can help me. I have a technomate twin oe, enigma2 openpli image... i wanted to change the skin to look like Sky I didn't know it was possible until I came across a thread here (new Sky skin)
Is there any way you could try helping me or sending me in the right direction as to how to get it up and going. When I read the thread I just got so confused with all the files and updates there are. Also where do all those files go exactly.
Really hope you can help me

Regards and appreciate any help,
Spud

rossi2000
20-01-15, 20:58
you will need to install the vix image for the Blue-HD skin

Spudgobbler
21-01-15, 00:28
you will need to install the vix image for the Blue-HD skin

Thanks for your reply, are there any sly skins that will suit my box

judge
21-01-15, 00:33

Answered in the quote you replied to. :confused:
Blue-HD skin

Spudgobbler
21-01-15, 01:33
Ha, yea thanks judge. Excuse my ignorance I'm learning slowly. Is it a major job for a newbie to change to a vic image. I'm on enigma 2 openpli

Rob van der Does
21-01-15, 06:36
Why do you keep saying 'sly' when you actually mean 'Sky'? It's not a swearword.

Larry-G
21-01-15, 07:23
Why do you keep saying 'sly' when you actually mean 'Sky'? It's not a swearword.
Most UK based forums censor the word sky to try and hide their illegal activities with regard to card sharing support from Google searches.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
21-01-15, 08:09
Well, we don't. And we have nothing to hide either.

Larry-G
21-01-15, 08:23
Well, we don't. And we have nothing to hide either.
Agreed and I have said as much to many a user over the years.

Spudgobbler
21-01-15, 10:35
Most UK based forums censor the word sky to try and hide their illegal activities with regard to card sharing support from Google searches.

Yea that's why I was saying sly.
Anyways guys, if you had a technomate twin oe, enigma 2, openpli and you wanted a skin to resemble that of SKY what would you do. Is it easy to change to a vix image in order to get the above mentioned. Thanks in advance

twol
21-01-15, 12:24
Yea that's why I was saying sly.
Anyways guys, if you had a technomate twin oe, enigma 2, openpli and you wanted a skin to resemble that of SKY what would you do. Is it easy to change to a vix image in order to get the above mentioned. Thanks in advance

Compared to implementing all the add ons for OpenPLi (certainly for my system's), flashing Vix and having an "operational system" that works well is just a few minutes work, as is keeping it updated with a "couch" flash..

Rob van der Does
21-01-15, 12:26
True. PLi is just a bare system, that needs a lot of plugins and configuration. ViX is almost ready to use out of the box.