PDA

View Full Version : Considering buying VU+solo2

Willmoore
20-01-15, 10:09
A few weeks ago I purchased an Openbox V8s and for a cheap bit of kit, it works quite well. Having said that, it has a few limitations and couldn't replace a sky box. This has led me to looking around and the Solo seems to be what I want (in fact all that I would need).

Having read quite a few posts, there is a lot of technical jargon thrown about which is beyond me. My question is (as I am not particularly techy minded) would this unit a bit too much for someone like me ?

I did email WOS but didn't get a reply, so I am hoping some kind person here would take the time to advise me.

Kind regards
Will

fast65
20-01-15, 10:34
Hi M8
you won't go wrong with a Solo2. Fantastic box and will easily do what you want. Use an image of your choice. Personally I prefer Vix, and you will get great support on here. I am not very tech minded but whenever I have struggled I have been able to get the help needed on here. It probably does sound complicated and there is definitely a bit of a learning curve, but once you get it set up you will find that it is fairly straightforward. Even my wife can use the Vix setup and you will find it is a lot more user friendly than the official sky box

regards

John57
20-01-15, 13:39
Hi Will

I can only agree with what fast65 wrote as I have the same machine it is a really nice receiver.

John.

duoduo
20-01-15, 13:44
Follow the guides from the support menu and ask away on here and you'll not go wrong. It's a cracking receiver and along with the very user friendly vix image you will more than happy..

Larry-G
20-01-15, 16:41
Enigma based receivers are not plug and play but with a little effort on your part you will be fine. As above if you have any questions just ask after all that's what we are here for.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

meatball1987
21-01-15, 18:31
iv just purchased a vu+ solo 2 myself still waiting on box to arrive but trying my hardest to read up on the best image to use with vix popping up the most. could you send me in the right direction for where and what version of vix to use. also ive seen people use a sky sort of looking skin is that built into the vix image or is that something new. sorry if these are dumb questions, i feel stupid asking because im supposed to be the tech kid in my friends group but im struggling with this. cheers mark

judge
21-01-15, 18:35
iv just purchased a vu+ solo 2 myself still waiting on box to arrive but trying my hardest to read up on the best image to use with vix popping up the most. could you send me in the right direction for where and what version of vix to use. also ive seen people use a sky sort of looking skin is that built into the vix image or is that something new. sorry if these are dumb questions, i feel stupid asking because im supposed to be the tech kid in my friends group but im struggling with this. cheers mark

Latest ViX images are always on http://openvix.co.uk
Have a look tere for the ViX manual too.
Skins are available in the plugin feeds.

meatball1987
22-01-15, 13:23
Latest ViX images are always on http://openvix.co.uk
Have a look tere for the ViX manual too.
Skins are available in the plugin feeds.

With what ive read the plugin are in a menu somewhere in the vix image is that correct. soon as i get the box im sure it will be more clear

cheers

ronand
22-01-15, 14:06
Yes its in the menu - you can download various addons from the plugins menu. It will definitely be clearer when you have the receiver plugged in!

rasp
22-01-15, 22:00
The Solo2 is a great piece of kit and my first engima box.

Don't make the same mistake as i me as i tried to run before i could walk.

Take it one step at a time and you will fine.

With all the guides and advice from Solo2 users you will get there.

Willmoore
22-01-15, 22:40
Thanks for the input - it's arrived ...... let the questions begin :confused:

meatball1987
22-01-15, 22:55
Cheers. Really looking forward to getting it now.

Willmoore. Keep us updated with how your getting on newbies together dude

nsw9154
22-01-15, 23:46
I bought my 1st ever E2 receiver last February after having a Blade 7000 Combo for over 3 years and it was also a Solo2 Excellent choice but a word of warning :eek:

you just might get bitten by the bug as I now have a Duo2 a LX3 a Mut@nt and last week a Gigablue Quad Plus so you have been Warned :D

but you will get lots of help from this Great site :):thumbsup:

litholee
28-01-15, 20:47
Hi Guys I'm new to this forum to :D but I'm exactly the same boat –*recently bought an open box V8s was working great for a while then i realised i had been ripped of with the cccam but apart part from that i defiantly got the Bug! enjoying the freedom away from sky!

I am after decent box to now so are we saying the VU+Solo2 is the way to go? i want to make sure i have a decent set up this time, the wife keeps complaining that she misses the flexibility of the sky box. Is the VU+Solo2 box just as good? What about these dream boxes? the 8000 looks good, but expensive..

fast65
28-01-15, 21:18
Hi Guys I'm new to this forum to :D but I'm exactly the same boat –*recently bought an open box V8s was working great for a while then i realised i had been ripped of with the cccam but apart part from that i defiantly got the Bug! enjoying the freedom away from sky!

I am after decent box to now so are we saying the VU+Solo2 is the way to go? i want to make sure i have a decent set up this time, the wife keeps complaining that she misses the flexibility of the sky box. Is the VU+Solo2 box just as good? What about these dream boxes? the 8000 looks good, but expensive..

Hi M8 Solo2 is a great box. I know what you mean about the openbox. My son has one and it is ok but the Solo is in a different league altogether. I use mine with a Vix skin (but its a matter of choice try others) and I find it to be much more flexible and easy to use than the official box. Even my wife finds it easy to use and she is not technical minded at all. If you can afford it the Duo2 is the next model up and may be worth a look

regards

litholee
28-01-15, 21:26
Thanks M8, really appreciate the message.
So many choices out there! but the Duo2 you suggested looks really nice –*think i'll read a few more reviews before taking the plunge.

Walt
29-01-15, 01:41
Duo2 is amazing. If you're prepared to pay the difference and have a need for 4 tuners then go for it. The LCD is fun to have too.

litholee
30-01-15, 20:25
Duo2 is amazing. If you're prepared to pay the difference and have a need for 4 tuners then go for it. The LCD is fun to have too.

Thanks Walt. I suppose if there's not much in it, may a as well opt for the cheaper option.

Walt
30-01-15, 20:27
Nobody on here will help with that. It's against the rules for a start. Suggest you edit your post.

litholee
30-01-15, 20:31
Thanks! Didn't realise - new to all this.

fericsson
01-02-15, 01:14
Solo 2 is a great box you won't be disappointed does lots, just got my first solo 2 love it,
I personally use vix image lots of support on here

Pud666
14-03-15, 20:28
Nobody on here will help with that. It's against the rules for a start. Suggest you edit your post.

Sorry, I am a newbie here too, what is it that was against the rules ?

duoduo
14-03-15, 21:36
Talking about card sharing mostly

Pud666
15-03-15, 17:49
Ah thank you