PDA

View Full Version : Time Capsule being used as a NAS drive???

jemalm
20-01-15, 00:30
Hi,

I have been reading loads about setting up a NAS drive to use in VIX using Samba and network manager however I'm not sure if this can be done using a Time Capsule! I have installed Samba from the plugins section and I have followed many tutorials regarding setting up a NAS drive in network manager and although I can get it to connect (green tick) I can't seem to find a way to view my folders. If I am getting a connection to the Time Capsule where would I see the shared files (I thought it would be in Media Player) and has anyone actually got this working?

my network manager setup is...

Mount Using: FSTAB
Active: YES
Local Share Name: Media
Mount Type: CIFS Share
Server IP: 192.168.1.2
Server Share: (not sure what goes here so I usually put TCShared as it's where all my movies/music is kept)
Use As HDD: No
Mount Options: Left As Is
Username: My Time Capsule Login
Password: My Time Capsule Password

Thank you for any help/advice
Jemal

dwarf
20-01-15, 15:03
When your in the recordings "list" have you pressed the yellow button to change the location its showing?

jemalm
21-01-15, 09:02
Hi Dwarf and thank you for your reply.

Yes I have tried this but it only gives me the location of the recordings (Harddisk/movie) and other which i'm not sure what to do with!

Just to add when I go in to Browse Network Neighbourhood I can see my Time Capsule but I can not expand on host when I press OK on it, is that a part of the problem?

Thanks again for your help