PDA

View Full Version : Bootloader for GI XPEED LX1/ LX2 is there one?

degoosefish
19-01-15, 22:51
Hey just a quick one I came across a Golden Interstar LX1 on my travels recently and I wanted to flash it with OPENVIX lastest image unfortunately for me it didn't boot properly when I flashed its stuck with an Openvix image on boot but won't go any further

I think it needs a bootloader I tried to install the oldest image of Vix I could get which was 62 but still no joy

any suggestions anyone with a GI LX1

degoosefish
20-01-15, 00:12
won't let this one beat me tried several attempts to flash Vix went back to Golden Interstar website got the bootloader. I can load their default image no problem.

Tried several Vix images from 062 to 125 but keeps hanging on boot. very strange.
Since the vix STB image is available in the OpenVix listings I won't give up on it.

any words of wisdom from the guru's more than welcome please

degoosefish
20-01-15, 00:14
I flashed it with OPENATV also and got the same result box hanging on Boot ??

degoosefish
20-01-15, 00:48
Ok here is the answer in case anyone comes across these boxes --

if you need a bootloader go to the manufacturer website and download it

secondly - the vix image you select click on the file when extracted and rename the file NOFORCE to FORCE
this sorted it for me.

Wouldn't recommend doing this unless you really are at the last stop and no idea left why it won't work but this did work for my problem

judge
20-01-15, 00:54
Does the box need a bootloader update when using the ViX image & renaming NOFORCE to FORCE?

degoosefish
20-01-15, 01:01
no bootloader needed - I put the factory image back on the box and then changed the file noforce to force and it went straight in with VIX Image 125 and it fully loaded the image all the way

Sicilian
20-01-15, 19:23
Factory image may have had bootloader within the files.

Latest bootloader here http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/Golden-Interstar-Bootloaders/XPEED-LX1-LX2/

If display shows 4.30 during boot you have latest.