PDA

View Full Version : Spinning logo on Vix - USB drive issue?

Steve88
19-01-15, 19:28
Hi All,
I've had an issue for a while now where I keep getting the spinning Logo and the box stops responding to the remote (the logs say main thread not asleep show spinning logo - or something similar)

I often have to switch it off with the switch which sometimes doesn't work, is there a known issue regarding booting with a usb drive plugged in?

Would changing the USB drive perhaps help this issuem its a USB 3.0 Lexar 64Gb stick but I just use it for Timeshift and EPG so I don't think it really needs to be that big.

I have a 96mb swapfile on the internal HDD (500GB) and I've got cacheflush running too with uncached memory size set to 20480 Kb and clean dirty cache set to yes.

I just noticed a message in the logs (Which always seem to be called 1970-01-01..... as though the time isnt getting set) about my EPG cache being corrupt, says I need to restart Enigma. I have a powertimer set to restart the GUI at 5.30am everyday and CrossEPG is set to download at 4.30am every day.

Is there anything obvious I am missing or have set up wrong? Is it feasible to run without USB or would EPG in the flash be a really bad idea?

Info:
Model: VU+ Duo
Chipset: BCM7335
CPU: BCM7335B0
CPU Speed: 405.0 MHz
Cores: 2
Version: Apollo
Build: 125
Kernel: 3.9.6
Drivers: 2015-01-09
Last Update: 2015-01-15
GStreamer: GStreamer 0.10.36 (GIT)

Skin: BlueHD v3.1

Larry-G
19-01-15, 19:31
I would personally move the EPG to the Hard disc and set it to download after the reboot is scheduled rather than before. And yes setting the EPG to save to the flash is a bad idea.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Steve88
19-01-15, 19:42
Thanks, I'll try it without the USB for a week to see if it's any better. I understand the EPG is stored in the cache anyway so hopefully it wont affect load times.
Cheers :)

Larry-G
19-01-15, 19:48
Thanks, I'll try it without the USB for a week to see if it's any better. I understand the EPG is stored in the cache anyway so hopefully it wont affect load times.
Cheers :)

It won't make any difference to load times, storing picons on a hard disc on the other hand will easily add upto 5 seconds to the normal channel zap time, unless you have permanent time shift active to prevent to hard disc from spinning down.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Steve88
19-01-15, 19:51
as far as i know i havent set permanent timeshift to on, but my timeshift is set to usb so i may need to rethink that.
The Picons are on internal flash currently.

Larry-G
19-01-15, 19:55
picons are generally best off on the flash but with a Duo which has so little to start with that may need rethinking.

Steve88
19-01-15, 20:06
I'd put them on the USB but I've got a feeling the USB drive is causing problems when the box powers up, it sometimes takes a few attempts as it gets stuck at "Starting..." or "Reading USB" so I was thinking of taking the USB out of it. Perhaps its the specific drive, I might try a differnt one, think I have a 4GB stick somewhere