PDA

View Full Version : Streaming with vu+duo

Themonk6
18-01-15, 22:21
Hi guys, this is my first post so be gentle.

I have been reading up on the vu range for over a week now and have a good understanding of what they are capable of.

The one thing I can't really get a clear answer on is its ability to stream.

If I purchase one it will be kept upstairs but I may want to watch something on the tv downstairs which is an lg smart tv. I also have an Xbox one downstairs. Would it be possible for me to watch live tv on one of these devices whilst my wife watches something else on the tv upstairs.

Any help would be appreciated

nsw9154
18-01-15, 23:01
Hello :wave: and welcome to the forum I think that you will need 2 receivers to be able to stream, but I might be wrong hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge will be able to explain better :)

Themonk6
18-01-15, 23:08
Thanks for your reply.

psionguy
18-01-15, 23:14
No you only need one satellite box, a smart TV or any pc to stream from any of the vu range of satellite boxes.

Themonk6
18-01-15, 23:16
Can you stream live tv or just recorded programmes.

abu baniaz
18-01-15, 23:18
Can you stream live tv or just recorded programmes.
Both

Themonk6
18-01-15, 23:19
Awesome thank you and lastly can I watch two different channels. One upstairs through the box and one downstairs through stream.

abu baniaz
19-01-15, 00:28
Depending on tuner configuration and transponders that service are on, yes you can watch different ones.

Try the Vu+ player too.

@Pembo has an app for Samsung smart TVs too.

gaz1874
22-01-15, 12:41
Depending on tuner configuration and transponders that service are on, yes you can watch different ones.

Try the Vu+ player too.

@Pembo has an app for Samsung smart TVs too.

where can i get this app for the samsung smart tv sorry new to all this

psionguy
24-01-15, 12:35
VU+ player is for your mobile devices, it is available on both Apple and Android and will let you stream to your phone or tablet within your network and external if you open some ports on your router. But be careful if you do the latter, it does leave you open for your satellite box being Hacked.

Themonk6
28-01-15, 12:53
Ok so quick update. Ive got the box up and running, installed nice 2tb hard drive in and have started to set everything up the way I want it.

I have Vu+ player installed on my ipad and all working ok.

I have installed mediatomb to stream all my recordings to my LG smart tv and this works a treat.

I have also tried to set up sharing to watch live programmes to my TV and here is where I hoope someone can help me out.

I have downloaded and installed tuner server and have created channel lists. I have configured this through mediatomb to display on my tv. I can locate chanel lists on my tv not a problem but they all show as audio files and tv will not play them. Is there something Im doing wrong?.

hagjan
29-01-15, 11:28
I have opened a dyndns account, nated ports in router etc. I`m connected to my Duo2 Box, but I can`t get any picture. What do I have to do to get picture?

bsmith1
21-03-15, 16:22
I can open the stream on my phone but when watching something something with multiple audio streams I get Narated stream as default and cannot select the other streams

http://x.x.x.x:8001/1:0:19:22C5:80D:2:11A0000:0:0:0:

The above is an example of an m3u file, does anyone know which bit is the audio stream I need to change in the m3u to get non narated ?.