PDA

View Full Version : Configuration of a motorised dish

Enesi
05-12-10, 17:40
Hi there,

i have a motorized dish which i connected to the Vu+ duo. I found Hotobird manually but i would like to use the motor in the future. I dont have many knowledge on Sat-world.
i dont have Vbox or Gbox ...ect. Can Someone help to config the motor ?

thanks in advance for your help.
Regards Enesi

basilyoung
05-12-10, 17:44
First of all, can you identify what motor you have, or how much it cost at least,...this will give us the most likely motor you have, ( Vbox would control a 36 volt motor, Gbox is a soft cam, not relivent to motors )

baz

Enesi
05-12-10, 18:01
I have a Golden Intersat motor and a bot it 3 years a go with the full kit of sat. Sow i don't know the exact price (but i don't think more 50 euros)
A pic of the motor
http://www.*******.tv/bilder/produkte/normal/goldeninterstargi50_Golden-Interstar-DiSEqC-Motor-GI-50-120.jpg

basilyoung
05-12-10, 18:07
ok...that looks like a diseqc 1.2 motor, which would be controlled by your sat unit, also, its very likely that you can use some thing called USAL,s,

USAL,s will be your best option, as it will find all the watchable sats that you can reach from your location, which from your post, is not in the UK

YOUR DISH ALIGNMENT WILL NEED TO BE REASONBLY ACCURATE THOUGH,

I will search the forum, and post a few links here, that will assist you

baz

Enesi
05-12-10, 18:10
I live in belgium

thx for your time baz

basilyoung
05-12-10, 18:13
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?213-Basic-newbie-setup-procedure-for-VU-Duo-for-Dummies

this thread should help you,

and there are many that will add to this thread, should you need more help

please post any questions you need to ask, we are here to help

and welcome to the VU+ forum

baz

Enesi
05-12-10, 18:40
How can i setup the motor on the vu+ duo menu ?

basilyoung
05-12-10, 19:26
How can i setup the motor on the vu+ duo menu ?

go to MENU/SETUP/SERVICE SEARCHING/TUNER CONFIGERATION...tuner A ( if that the tuner that has the motor connected )

select ADVANCED
set to LNB 1
I think the default sat is 19 east...scroll to DISEQC mode set it to 1.2
and also select USE USAL,s
change the standard settings to your location ( see sat pionter, in the thread I introduced you too )
then change 19 east to 13 east, then .8 west ( thor ) and so on ( this can be done all at the time of setting up the tuner config )

baz