PDA

View Full Version : Always "1 updated package available", but never updates!

morrijr
18-01-15, 12:22
Info: GigaBlue Quad Plus, Apollo 125. WD 1T Red HDD. 2xBCM7346 DVB-S2 + 2xGiga DVB-C/T2 tuners.

After updating I've been left with "1 updated package available";

Viewing the changes is blank for both OE changes and E2 log, applying the update anyway doesn't install the package.
Upgrade and reboot system; doesn't install the package.
Update channel list only; doesn't install the package.

In /home/root/ipkgupgrade.log there's;
Collected errors:
* check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-bootlogos-maxwells-constellation wants to install file /etc/enigma2/radio.mvi
But that file is already provided by package * enigma2-plugin-bootlogos-maxwells-smoke
* check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-bootlogos-maxwells-constellation wants to install file /etc/enigma2/backdrop.mvi
But that file is already provided by package * enigma2-plugin-bootlogos-maxwells-smoke
* check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-bootlogos-maxwells-constellation wants to install file /etc/enigma2/bootlogo.mvi

Could that be the reason?

So I suppose my questions are; 1) what is/how can I find out what package needs updating and 2) how do I?!

Thanks,

John.

judge
18-01-15, 12:28
Menu -> Plugins -> Red button (to remove installed plugins)
Remove bootlogos installed & let us know if it fixes the issue.

morrijr
18-01-15, 18:41
Menu -> Plugins -> Red button (to remove installed plugins)
Remove bootlogos installed & let us know if it fixes the issue.

Hi judge, thanks for that. The "1 updated package available" has gone away. I'm still getting the blinking green swirl which indicates an update(?) but when I do Menu -> Setup -> Software update I get a message saying "Nothing to upgrade".

It'll probably right itself next upgrade.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

John.

birdman
19-01-15, 02:38
Is there no way that packages which update boot logo files can be marked as incompatible, so that you can't install one without having first de-installed the current one?

morrijr
20-01-15, 19:28
It'll probably right itself next upgrade.

It did. Thanks!

John.