PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Delete Unwanted Channels?

AndrewSmith259
18-01-15, 10:36
I am running VIX software version 125 on my Nano 3T

I wanted to remove some unwanted channels from the channel list so I did the following
Press Sat button on remote
Select satellite
Select channel I want to delete
Press menu on remote
Select Remove Entry
Select Yes to remove this entry

Channel then disappears from Channel List. Great.

BUT. If I reboot the TM Nano 3T once it has rebooted the channel that I had deleted/removed reappears in the Channel List.

I even tried doing a backup using VIX Backup Manager before rebooting box. Then did a restore after box rebooted and still the channel I had deleted/removed was there.

Am I doing something wrong?

s2tephen
18-01-15, 12:28
Go to the channel you want to delete
Press up key in centre of remote
Highlight the channel you want to delete ( though it should be already on it )
Press menu
Go to Remove Entry

Note if you do a channel rescan it will possibly get put back in.

You could also get a program called DreamboxEdit and do all your bouquet editing with that

AndrewSmith259
18-01-15, 14:15
I
Go to the channel you want to delete
Press up key in centre of remote
Highlight the channel you want to delete ( though it should be already on it )
Press menu
Go to Remove Entry

Note if you do a channel rescan it will possibly get put back in.

I have just followed those instructions which if you look at my original post is similar to what I was doing and following your instructions after switching my Nano 3T box off and back on again the channels that I removed are back on the channel list.

When I remove channels following this process they remain removed even when box is in standby mode. But as soon as you switch box off and back on the removed channel reappear.

abu baniaz
18-01-15, 15:57
Are you using ABM, or manually scanning?

Andy_Hazza
18-01-15, 16:17
What channels are you wanting to remove?

AndrewSmith259
18-01-15, 16:48
The channels are on Hot Bird 13 East and all channels have been loaded using Manuel Scan option.

The channels I am trying to delete/remove are
Canal+ Family
Canal+ Family2
Fox+1
Fox Animation
Fox Comedy
Fox Crime+1
Fox Crime+2
Fox Life+1

As I said above I can successfully remove/delete these channels by pressing Menu button on remote and then selecting Remove Entry, then selecting Yes when it says Are You Sure To Remove This Entry.
The channel then disappears from the Channel List. However after turning receiver off and on these deleted channels then reappear on Channel List.

This happens on ANY channel I try to delete.

Thanks for your help.

AndrewSmith259
20-01-15, 23:02
Anybody got any thoughts on this problem? Thanks.

judge
20-01-15, 23:09
How are you turning off the box?

abu baniaz
20-01-15, 23:10
Have you tried using Dremaboxedit?

AndrewSmith259
21-01-15, 00:13
How are you turning off the box?

Turning off box using power switch at the back of it.

judge
21-01-15, 00:31
Turning off box using power switch at the back of it.

And that could be your problem. Do you shut down PCs in the same way?
Do an E2 restart after removing your channels, are they still removed then?
If so, the next time you use the power switch to shutdown the box, are they also removed on a reboot?

Power switch isn't the best of ideas to shut down the box by the way.
Menu -> Standby / Restart -> Deep Standby first, can also be mapped to a one button press using button setup if needs be before pulling the plug.

AndrewSmith259
21-01-15, 02:23
I removed 5 Fox encrypted channels and 3 Canal+ encrypted channels, then I did a restart via the menu option. After doing restart I found that the Fox and Canal+ channels were NOT showing in the Channel List. So I deleted a couple of other channels DTV Cable, then I did a restart via the menu again. After this second restart I found that the 5 Fox channels had reappeared on the channel list but the 3 Canal+ channels were not appearing. So there appears to be an intermittent problem.

How does the software handle deleted/removed channels?
Does it actually erase the channels details completely or does it just "mark" the channel as removed?

I would have thought if it actually erased the channel details there would be no way the channel could reinstalled. Seems very odd.

Could it be a fault with my box?

I have tried Dreambox Edit. I managed to remove the channels with DBE temporarily but after a couple of restarts via the menu the channels returned.

I assume no one else has reported an issue like this?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated

judge
21-01-15, 03:23
Disable background scanning so?

Rob van der Does
21-01-15, 06:34
It's best not to disable backgroundscanning, as that can lead to failed tuning.
Apparently you are deleting services from the so called 'all list'. In fact that is a database for the box, not a list to be used by yourself. You should put the services you do want to use in a bouquet; that will never change all by itself.

white_westie
27-01-15, 23:01
A suggested workaround for this is to set the 'hidden' flag on the channels you want to delete using DreamboxEdit.
Sequence would be, restart enigma (makes new channels appear properly), using dreamboxedit download channels from stb to pc, edit channel properties (set hidden flag) for each channel you want o delete/hide, upload channel lists back to stb, restart enigma.

Problem is that you have to do that each time the channels change transponder or are renamed.

WW