PDA

View Full Version : 2nd sat tuner not clearing channels while recording

75mak
18-01-15, 06:30
I just received my mutant receiver and i've got mainly positive first impressions.

Got the latest vix installed from 16-1-15

My set up includes 2x cable tuners in slots A and B and 2x sat tuners in C and D

I have my softcam setup mainly for satellite side at the moment. In my previous solo2 everything regarding recordings and watching something else worked fine.

But i have come across a couple of issues so far using my mutant. 1st is just a minor issue and that is tune failed message appears momentarily on screen when i flick up and down through the channels quickly. This is minor, althoguh sometimes it leads to the channel showing a blank screen and i need to restart cam.

The 2nd issue is more worrying, it may just be early teething problems and may be related to something in my setup i haven't configured correctly. What happens is when recording something on one of the sat tuners C or D that channel is fine. I however can not clear anything on the other sat channel while recording on the other sat tuner. FTA channels appear fine while one of the tuners are in use recording, , it's only non-fta channels. Could it be related to softcam i'm using? On my previous solo2 setup it all worked fine with same softcam etc.

I've tried changing a few prefrances in the customisation screen in terms of tuner priority etc. but with no luck.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to why i'm having these problems?

Rob van der Does
18-01-15, 07:04
You report two issues that might be related to the softcam in use, but you don't even tell us which softcam you use?

Let me guess: CCcam < version 2.3

75mak
18-01-15, 07:11
I was a bit worried about mentioning the cam by name, as i wasn't sure if it was against the rules.

And yes, your guess is right. Cccam 2.2.1

Rob van der Does
18-01-15, 07:36
Simply use CCcam 2.3 and your issues are over.

Edit: CCcam crashes on certain services. So when zapping over such a channel, you'll have to restart the cam.

Larry-G
18-01-15, 07:39
I was a bit worried about mentioning the cam by name, as i wasn't sure if it was against the rules.

And yes, your guess is right. Cccam 2.2.1

we do not censor discussions about CCcam here except where users are trying to view pay tv channels illegally and without a valid subscription card. Nor do we allow talk of sharing cards or subscription packages.

75mak
18-01-15, 17:21
we do not censor discussions about CCcam here except where users are trying to view pay tv channels illegally and without a valid subscription card. Nor do we allow talk of sharing cards or subscription packages.

Thanks, got it all sorted now using version 2.3

Occasionally get tune failed message for a microsecond and then channel appears. Thanks anyway, so far very impressed with this receiver, especially hdmi in feature

Blu-ray
18-01-15, 17:28
Thanks, got it all sorted now using version 2.3

Occasionally get tune failed message for a microsecond and then channel appears. Thanks anyway, so far very impressed with this receiver, especially hdmi in feature
Can I ask what u use the hdmi in for.

75mak
28-01-15, 05:53
Can I ask what u use the hdmi in for.

I was using it with Apple tv then mirror airplay the ipad screen. But now i have hdmi in set to the output of my 4x4 hdmi matrix... This allows me to have hdmi in to all my hdmi accesories including games consoles. Which i should be able to record - although havnt got round to testing it yet.most of the time ive been using it with the pip feature. Although i have noticed there is around half a second lag, so live gaming is not ideal.