PDA

View Full Version : @Mutant HD2400 owners.

Blu-ray
17-01-15, 14:00
Have been trying to install Alpha E2BMC i have 2 files bootloader and image file. When i flash the bootloader it seems to of gone ok, but when i put usb stick in pc to delete bootloader and load image file, i found that it has added 2 files from my Mut@nt hard drive movie & timeshift. :confused: Then i have flashed the image file but after an hour of flashing i gave up and restarted the box then it locked up and had to do a reflash with new image. There seems to be no support from W.O.S or from the Mut@nt website on how to install the 2 E2BMC files or how you excess XBMC once loaded. Any one like to add there two penny worth then please jump in.

Sicilian
18-01-15, 16:24
All you need to do is flash the e2bmc image like you would the standard OpenViX image.

Blu-ray
18-01-15, 17:18
All you need to do is flash the e2bmc image like you would the standard OpenViX image.
That is what I did after about an hour waiting for it to flash i rebooted then had to reinstall fresh image because it locked up.

Larry-G
18-01-15, 17:26
That is what I did after about an hour waiting for it to flash i rebooted then had to reinstall fresh image because it locked up.

It is a beta image afterall so what do you expect ?.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Blu-ray
18-01-15, 17:37
I excpected to install it on the box at least for £350 beta image or not.

xhemp
18-01-15, 18:06
I excpected to install it on the box at least for £350 beta image or not.

If you are not prepared to have issues with beta/test images, you should use the factory image which is the stable version.

Blu-ray
18-01-15, 18:13
We are talking about the E2bmc Alpha for the xbmc NOT the Vix image.

xhemp
18-01-15, 18:25
We are talking about the E2bmc Alpha for the xbmc NOT the Vix image.

I understand, Blu-ray. It's even worse being an alpha (not a really tested/seasoned image) so you wouldn't have that "trust" feeling with it

Blu-ray
18-01-15, 18:31
I understand, Blu-ray. It's even worse being an alpha (not a really tested/seasoned image) so you wouldn't have that "trust" feeling with it

Trust has got nothing to do with it, it just don't f*****g work, as i said for £350 i would at least like to have installed the E2bmx image and then decide for my self if the E2bmc alpha is worth having or not.

Larry-G
19-01-15, 19:04
Trust has got nothing to do with it, it just don't f*****g work, as i said for £350 i would at least like to have installed the E2bmx image and then decide for my self if the E2bmc alpha is worth having or not.

You paid £350 for a enigma2 based receiver and from what I understand the enigma2 based images work as well on this receiver as any other, the E2bmc image however is as already stated a alpha release and as such there are absolutely no guarantees it will work or even boot up for that matter.

If you are having trouble understanding this maybe you should go back to a plug and play sky uk receiver.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Sicilian
19-01-15, 19:31
E2bmc Image flashes fine here and boots as it should. When you flash the bootloader, make sure you press the DOWN arrow to flash it, NOT the UP arrow.

Blu-ray
23-01-15, 12:16
E2bmc Image flashes fine here and boots as it should. When you flash the bootloader, make sure you press the DOWN arrow to flash it, NOT the UP arrow.
Hi Sicilian, You say to flash bootloader press the down arrow, yet in your sticky threads for flashing Mut@nt HD 2400 you say use the up arrow to flash the image. Is it up for the image and down for the bootloader as you describe. :confused:

Sicilian
23-01-15, 12:17
UP for image, DOWN for bootloader.