PDA

View Full Version : new user

aaronm13
16-01-15, 22:52
Hi, just want to check something about this box before I buy. I have both a sky and UPC (Ireland) cable feed and am looking for a combo box, this box seems to do what I want but want to double check it will connect to both my services. My other choice is the Gigablue hd 800 combo, which would be the better of the two boxes. If there's a better option in this price range I'd love to hear too. Thanks in advance.

nsw9154
16-01-15, 23:36
Hello :wave: and welcome to the forum the Nano-3T is supposed to be a Excellent receiver and far superior to the GB 800, as it has the Nano 3T Dual 1.3 MHZ processor
the QB 800 only has a 751 MHZ processor and is not as fast as the Nano 3T and the Nano 3T should do everything that you require :)

Andy_Hazza
17-01-15, 08:29
I would go with the Technomate Nano 3T, looks an excellent combo receiver. :thumbsup:

aaronm13
17-01-15, 10:09
Hi guys, thanks so much for your replies. I am leaning more towards the technomate to be honest just have to get this decision right or the wife will never let me hear the end of it.

Joe_90
17-01-15, 13:43
I don't believe you will be able to receive UPC cable services as they are encrypted. The SKY card would work for SD services only. Terrestrial TV (Saorview) will be fine providing you have an aerial.

aaronm13
18-01-15, 13:17
I don't believe you will be able to receive UPC cable services as they are encrypted. The SKY card would work for SD services only. Terrestrial TV (Saorview) will be fine providing you have an aerial.

I'm an U P C customer so should be ok on that one.

Joe_90
18-01-15, 14:21
Do you have confirmation that a UPC card will work in the reader? I haven't seen any posts from UPC customers on this forum (not one myself so can't verify).

aaronm13
24-01-15, 19:22
Started setting up my box today, fantastic piece of kit. One thing I think I got mixed up when looking at which box to buy was the pause and rewind feature. Thought this box did it as it has two tuners. Am I missing how to do this on the box or is it not supported?

Andy_Hazza
24-01-15, 19:27
Press menu, setup, system, scroll up to timeshift settings, and set automatically start timeshift after "2 secs" and set show warning when timeshift is stopped to "no" and green button to save. [emoji106]

aaronm13
24-01-15, 21:17
Thanks for that Andy. After trying what you said, all settings entered fine but nothing happens when I press pause or rewind. Is there something else I need to do?

Andy_Hazza
24-01-15, 22:52
Try a restart GUI of the box, that may help?

aaronm13
24-01-15, 23:06
That did the trick. Changed the skin and the forced restart did the job. Cheers mate.

SunshineMc
03-02-15, 15:21
Hi All,

I just seen this post and I was thinking, thank god....its not just me having trouble with Technomate Nano 3T :)

I just bought one the other day and I can't seem to get the irish Saorview channels. When I scan the region is set to "Scandinavia Europe Dvb-t2" ....there does not seem to be an Ireland Region.
does anyone know what this should be set to?

AndrewSmith259
04-02-15, 20:48
Deleted message