PDA

View Full Version : Terrestrial HD channels disappeared

njs1999
14-01-15, 21:38
Good evening.

I am relatively new to using a dreambox, but I noticed today that a lot of my terrestrial HD channels had disappeared from my channel list - showing the message 'tune failed'. These included BBCHD, BBC2HD and ITVHD.

I did a new channel scan and it only finds 849 channels, compared to well over 900 last time round.

The box is a DM800HD.

Advice/help would be appreciated.

Thanks

birdman
14-01-15, 23:12
It might help if you mentioned which terrestrial transmitter you are pointing at?

FWIW, my reception of the two "HD" muxes (PSB3 and COM7) has been poor (and variable) for much of the last few weeks. It might(?) be caused by the weather.

mann
14-01-15, 23:14
Good evening.

I am relatively new to using a dreambox, but I noticed today that a lot of my terrestrial HD channels had disappeared from my channel list - showing the message 'tune failed'. These included BBCHD, BBC2HD and ITVHD.

I did a new channel scan and it only finds 849 channels, compared to well over 900 last time round.

The box is a DM800HD.

Advice/help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi sounds like you need upto date bouquets list reflecting all the channel changes etc..
Depending on the image your running can you not install ABM or FTP latest bouquets

njs1999
14-01-15, 23:16
Thanks for reply.

How would I know which transmitter I was pointing at?

TIA

birdman
15-01-15, 02:34
Go to:
http://www.ukfree.tv/maps/freeviewand find transmitters near you.
Click on one, and see which frequencies it transmits at (start with one in the direction that your aerial is pointing).
When you find the one whose frequencies correspond to the ones you are using on your DB-T/T2 tuners then that is the transmitter you are using.

Or go to
http://www.ukfree.tv/predictionand enter your postcode.

abu baniaz
15-01-15, 05:55
There is confusion here.Terrestrial means through an aerial. There is no way you are going to get over 900 terrestrial channels.

Following sentence is based on you uisng a Satellite tuner.
Update your satellites.xml and then perform a conventional scan. Alternatively, use AutoBouquets E2. If you still get tune failed issues, it will more than likely be a tuner failure issue.

birdman
15-01-15, 13:41
There is no way you are going to get over 900 terrestrial channels.But he could have both terrestrial and satellite tuners. Or even cable as well?

abu baniaz
15-01-15, 17:17
Not on a DM800.

njs1999
15-01-15, 19:22
It's through a satellite, but I get Channel4 HD - also lost BTSport HD too

abu baniaz
15-01-15, 19:26
Have you tried AB 28.2?

(Just to remind you that we only support genuine receivers here.)

EsSa55
17-01-15, 16:10
NJS1999 is my Son and a 'novice'.

His DM800 is a genuine box. I had it previously.

However, it is only a 1.6

He has now tried updating his satellites.xml file but scans a maximum of 867 channels with Channel4 HD being the only HD channel it finds.

His dish is properly aligned.

He will soon get the Technomate I recently bought and wants to pass on the DM800 to someone else.

Perhaps re-imaging is the solution as there seems to be a corruption or the tuner is faulty (doubtful).

Best

abu baniaz
17-01-15, 16:31
My money is on a weak tuner.

Before you re-image, try this chanenl list http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?36144-PSPMixer-28-2e-channel-list
If you get tuner failed issues, you need to look at likelihood of a faulty tuner.