PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 Appriciation Thread

canthackit
05-12-10, 15:23
just to say thanks to andy poo and all the guy's involved in producing this/these wonderfull images for us.

it's a job well done, and done well, my thanks to all involved, just looking at the specs they look very impressive.

i'm off now to install it :D

oh and why can't i get the subject in bold type? :confused:

thanks & regards: canthackit

Stanman
05-12-10, 15:29
It is in bold, how mucher bolder do you want it!:):D

runmo
05-12-10, 15:40
I want to say thank you to for the great work on the vix image!!!
Congrats, very well done

zola25
05-12-10, 16:16
yes the wait is over!(hard to be patient some times)
Thanks everbody for this putting it in as i type,will report back later

silverfox0786
05-12-10, 16:27
Ah finally I can talk freely about it

smaxy
05-12-10, 16:35
Stuck with PLi for six months simply because of the Freesat epg, but this latest version of VIX now supports that, and the GUI looks very slick, I`m converted :)

Mr. Mister
05-12-10, 16:36
Ah finally I can talk freely about it

You have earned it buddy.. lol..

Great job done by all.. and well worth the wait..

So much new stuff to have a play around with..

vu-duo-user
05-12-10, 16:45
Nice one Andy and team. Up and running in less than five minutes. :D

leecovuk
05-12-10, 17:01
Stuck with PLi for six months simply because of the Freesat epg, but this latest version of VIX now supports that, and the GUI looks very slick, I`m converted :)
I've been keen on the September PLi image because their image can 'disable background scanning' which I like to use. However, using Dreamboxedit to force a 'lock' on all channels seems to achieve the same thing, as far as I can tell. ie I can use the newer images such as ViX and do that.

westentertainer
05-12-10, 17:08
mines done all great thanks very much for all your efforts

Stanman
05-12-10, 17:17
Fantastic image Andy, love the quickzap feature, just have remember now to use the proper channel up down buttons.

you have done a truly great job and well worth the wait.:beer_toast::beer_toast:

andyblac
05-12-10, 17:50
Fantastic image Andy, love the quickzap feature, just have remember now to use the proper channel up down buttons.

you have done a truly great job and well worth the wait.:beer_toast::beer_toast:

or set it to activate on 'Long OK" in VIX settings ;)

andyblac
05-12-10, 17:51

that was in 1.2 also :D

Ojustaboo
05-12-10, 22:29
Yep, many many thanks for all your time guys, much appreciated.

Gotto wait until tomorrow before I can try it as wife wont let me near the box the moment :)

silverfox0786
05-12-10, 22:34
Yep, many many thanks for all your time guys, much appreciated.

Gotto wait until tomorrow before I can try it as wife wont let me near the box the moment :)

thats why i just set up the DM7020 for her to use freely but will give back the duo to her once initial release period is settled

canthackit
06-12-10, 08:24
i started this thread and stand by it as we all do, the guy's have done a fantastic job producing this image but....................

by and large everything works fine and looks great, now the "but" i can't stand or get used to the changing of the bouquet, up/down, left right cursor buttons, and the fact that there is not now a button to bring up the channel listings with the present channel highlighted, i do more channel hopping than wathching tv :D so it's important to me that i have the buttons to function in the manner i'm used to.

sorry to say that until 1.4 and hopefully we go back to the "correct":eek: buttons i'll be using 1.2, guy's i know a lot of long and hard work goes into producing these images for us and you do have my respect.:trustme:

Sicilian
06-12-10, 09:00
i started this thread and stand by it as we all do, the guy's have done a fantastic job producing this image but....................

by and large everything works fine and looks great, now the "but" i can't stand or get used to the changing of the bouquet, up/down, left right cursor buttons, and the fact that there is not now a button to bring up the channel listings with the present channel highlighted, i do more channel hopping than wathching tv :D so it's important to me that i have the buttons to function in the manner i'm used to.

sorry to say that until 1.4 and hopefully we go back to the "correct":eek: buttons i'll be using 1.2, guy's i know a lot of long and hard work goes into producing these images for us and you do have my respect.:trustme:

You too quick to give up and change back! To go back to the old method of changing channels simply do this: -

Press Blue button > VIX Menu > VIX Settings > Change QuickEPG Usuage. Simple.

Maxwell
06-12-10, 09:30
You too quick to give up and change back! To go back to the old method of changing channels simply do this: -

change it to : with exit button

Sicilian
06-12-10, 09:32
change it to : with exit button

I'd recommend he uses Long OK like previous version, some peeps hate change :p

Maxwell
06-12-10, 09:46
I'd recommend he uses Long OK like previous version, some peeps hate change :p

:rofl::amen:

Alanp
06-12-10, 10:01
Excellent work very much appreciated Thanks

canthackit
06-12-10, 10:10

thanks Boss
it worked just before i uninstalled 1.3 :D

regards: canthackit

pooface
06-12-10, 10:44
thanks Boss
it worked just before i uninstalled 1.3 :D

Which image you using now then? Can we have the odds that he'll have at least gone back to 1.3 by the end of the afternoon? I reckon they'll be 1-10 :p The odds of him having used 6 images in between that time will be 6-1 I reckon ;)

canthackit
06-12-10, 14:28
read the post again grasshopper.

i did say before i uninstalled 1.3.....:eek:

you can get off the floor now mate......yes i know mind boggling isn't it..... 2 days and still got the same image on:D

bassethound
06-12-10, 14:38
it must be a record LOL or you love it?

pooface
06-12-10, 14:40
read the post again grasshopper.

i did say before i uninstalled 1.3.....:eek:

you can get off the floor now mate......yes i know mind boggling isn't it..... 2 days and still got the same image on:D

Ah, the joys of the english language ;)

Now, I read that as "Before I uninstalled 1.3, I tried it and it worked, but I still went ahead and uninstalled 1.3". But yes, it could also be read as "Before I uninstalled 1.3, I tried it and it worked, so I stayed with 1.3"... See where I'm coming from?! :p

Mr. Mister
06-12-10, 14:54
Ah, the joys of the english language ;)

Now, I read that as "Before I uninstalled 1.3, I tried it and it worked, but I still went ahead and uninstalled 1.3". But yes, it could also be read as "Before I uninstalled 1.3, I tried it and it worked, so I stayed with 1.3"... See where I'm coming from?! :p

I think there is a bit of Irish in there poo.. lol

canthackit
06-12-10, 14:56
EDIT:

no i was right in the first place :D

canthackit
06-12-10, 14:57
I think there is a bit of Irish in there poo.. lol

yes but what bit LOL

silverfox0786
06-12-10, 14:57
Oooooooooooops my god your right my man.

you know what i mean "just before i uninstalled 1.3 i read Sics post" well that's what i meant to say :D

and yes now Sic has pointed out my error, i'm now in love....no! not with sic but the image :eek:

Sic you got a admirer :roflmao:

pooface
06-12-10, 15:56
yes but what bit LOL

The only bit of Irish to go in me is the guinness :p Thank you very much :p (although that does cause a lot of rubbish to come out of my mouth :p hehe)

canthackit
06-12-10, 16:38
The only bit of Irish to go in me is the guinness :p Thank you very much :p (although that does cause a lot of rubbish to come out of my mouth :p hehe)

and other places mate :amen: