PDA

View Full Version : zone 2 dish set up

beck
12-01-15, 22:38
i have a 90cm motorised dish set up, i am now thinking on changing my dish set up.
i was talking to some one last year about how he has a zone 2 dish with a bracket with 2 lnbs on it for astra 19
and hotbird and uses his normal sky dish to just pick up the sky channels .
i want to change from motorise as i am fed up of it moving every time we have strong winds also
i don't really go past hot bird anyway, so think it be better for me to try the multie lnb option
so was just was wondering if someone out there could point me in the right direction wher can i find the bracket and best way to set up
thanks in advance

abu baniaz
12-01-15, 22:48
My setup is I have a minidish for 28.2 and mortorised dish too. They are combined on a diseqc switch.

If your dish keeps moving, its not being tightened enough, If you decide to abandon the motorised....there are universal multi lnb holders that clip on the LNB as well as those that fit into the arm. You'd need to provide details of your dish for a more targetted answer.

hagi
12-01-15, 23:22
Hey abu baniaz is it possible to mail you privately

abu baniaz
12-01-15, 23:24
Post your issue in open. Others get to contribute that way

hagi
12-01-15, 23:27
My setup is I have a minidish for 28.2 and mortorised dish too. They are combined on a diseqc switch.

If your dish keeps moving, its not being tightened enough, If you decide to abandon the motorised....there are universal multi lnb holders that clip on the LNB as well as those that fit into the arm. You'd need to provide details of your dish for a more targetted answer.
Hey Mr I need help with my system is a vu duo 2 on a motorise dish but am not home right now am wondering if you can help me wen I get home jus basic setup

abu baniaz
12-01-15, 23:30
Have a look at the guides ( link in my siganture) They should be able to answer most questions. Post what you need help with, somoene will anwer if they know.

pembo
12-01-15, 23:35
dupe post!

pembo
12-01-15, 23:36
My dish has moved twice in the recent high winds.... its an 80cm dish on a pole above the roof line.
In the strong winds on Friday/Saturday you could clearly see it rocking a bit which really affected the signal, and now my BBC1 signal has reduced now from 93% to 76%.

I'm tempted to call the installer back out to be honest as it really shouldn't have move again - they've already come out once to repositon it.

I am considering a motor on this and then a smaller mini dish for 28.2 with a diseq switch or two...

beck
13-01-15, 00:34
hi abu baniaz thanks for the reply cant find the guides you pointed out
I live in the hills of north wales and gets pretty windy up hear at times and bounces the 90cm
dish around quite badly resulting in the dish moving.
knowing the dish would move at some point I never fixed the dish at a hight only step ladder high so
could easly reach and work on the dish easily if needed.
but as I don't go past hotbird I am thinking why keep bothering with motorise dish I do tighten it as far as I can without risking
bending the brackets so it is tightened up tight.
I also have a normal sky dish fitted with I use for the bedrooms for free sat so I could use that for 19e then I am thinking
in getting a sky 80cm zone 2 dish and fiting ether a mono block for 19e and hotbird
but not sure what would be the best option would be, mono bloc or multi arm?
and also witch would fit a zone 2 dish, also how many satellites could I get on a multi lnb bracket using a zone 2
thanks

abu baniaz
13-01-15, 01:28
Using monoblock and and another LNB could be tricky. You would be better off using individual LNBs and a diseqc switch.

I've seen Zone 2 dishes with 28/19/13