PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Is this a bug? Cannot stop recordings in progress.

chrcoluk
11-01-15, 00:57
Ok here is what is happening.

I press the record button whilst watching a channel and a recording is ongoing.
It brings up a menu.
Option 5 on the menu is to stop a timer recording.
This brings up the timers and at the top is what is recording.
If I select a timer that is recording it pops up the edit box for the timer instead of stopping it.
If I choose the red button option it will stop the timer but also delete the recording.

I had this problem before many months ago but then it started working properly after an update but now it seems broken again.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Version info in my sig.

chrcoluk
11-01-15, 22:30
I have done a online update to latest version, still same.

But thankfully I have now find a way to stop recordings, if hitting record on the EPG when already recording it stops it.

Rob van der Does
12-01-15, 07:51
If I choose the red button option it will stop the timer but also delete the recording.
I can't reproduce that: the timer is being deleted but the recording itself survives.

The Rec-button is meant for instantaneous recordings. If you started a recording via the rec-button, you can also stop it via the same button.
If the recording was a planned one, you see the behaviour as you mentioned, and which is intended.

chrcoluk
14-01-15, 00:48
so you say it is planned that is not easy to stop timed recordings?

If so that option 5 needs removing as its misleading and pointless.

If i start a manual recording then its the top option ni the menu to stop it which works, I am talking about timed recordings that are running.

judge
14-01-15, 01:37
Instant recordings work as they should.
Timed recordings work as they should.
AutoTimer recordings work as they should.
Not sure what the issue is? :confused:

Are you trying to remove an auto-timer set recording without removing the auto-timer first?

Rob van der Does
14-01-15, 06:01
I am talking about timed recordings that are running.
Yes, I know and I followed what you mean.

But just as rec --> stop brings up a list of instant recordings (from which you can choose the one you want to stop) it brings up a list of planned recordings (from which you can choose the one you want to stop). so actually quite the same behaviour for both.

But remember: the rec-button is meant to start and stop instantaneous recordings. As a bonus you can also use it to stop/change planned recordings; I can't see anything wrong about that.

Andy_Hazza
14-01-15, 08:04
All I do for timed recordings is hit the media button and locate the recording and press the red button and it gives me 3 options, I always use option 3 I think which stops the recording but keeps the recording whereas option 2 stops and deletes.

chrcoluk
14-01-15, 22:19
All I do for timed recordings is hit the media button and locate the recording and press the red button and it gives me 3 options, I always use option 3 I think which stops the recording but keeps the recording whereas option 2 stops and deletes.

yeah this works thanks, I suggest to devs to remove that option 5 on the record menu (the one that appears when a timed recording is recording).

Rob van der Does
14-01-15, 22:29
yeah this works thanks, I suggest to devs to remove that option 5 on the record menu (the one that appears when a timed recording is recording).
So I failed to explain to you that it works fine?

chrcoluk
14-01-15, 23:45
So I failed to explain to you that it works fine?

Looks like it, because it sure doesnt work here.

What happens when you press record, then press 5 - stop timed recording?

Rob van der Does
15-01-15, 05:53
Exactly what you reported: "This brings up the timers and at the top is what is recording".

And now you can do with them whatever you want; stopping a recording is done via the red button (= delete timer).

chrcoluk
15-01-15, 13:20
delete timer deletes the recording as well tho.

Rob van der Does
15-01-15, 14:40
Nope, it doesn't.

chrcoluk
25-01-15, 09:28
yes it does.

ENNBEE66
25-01-15, 10:34
yes it does.

Doesn't delete my recording, although it does pop up a menu which says something that might make you think it is going to delete the recording, but the pop up menu is referring to deleting the timer, not the recording.

Rob van der Does
25-01-15, 10:51
yes it does.
Than show me how. I tried to replicate your issue several times, but never ever was the recording deleted (and it shouldn't, because it's only the timer that's being deleted).