PDA

View Full Version : Tesco Direct and Safari

pooface
05-12-10, 13:10
Just wondering if it's me, or my setup or what?!

Virtually everytime I go to the Tesco Direct website, it really slows down the macbook. After browsing around, everytime a page is loaded, it seems to sit waiting for about a minute or two, whilst the beachball spinner just sits there spinning. Finally it will stop, and I can access the site again.

Just wondered whether it was my macbook pro, or whether it's some script or something running on the site?! I do get the beachballs now and again, but this seems to constantly bring them up...

Cheers guys :)

silverfox0786
06-12-10, 02:17
Sorry i'm unable to test this fully but on my iphone on safari it loads fast and fine

the iphone is mac based and safari is safari

hope this helps a bit for you

pooface
06-12-10, 12:56
Will give it a try on the ipod touch the missus is getting for christmas, and see what happens then. But will be in 19 days or so :p). But, if anyone is using snow leopard 10.6.5, the it might be a system thing, or just a full safari (as I imagine the iphone version is a cut down version?!)

andyblac
18-12-10, 16:04
same here on my MacPro, leaving the site locks up mac for about 3mins

pooface
18-12-10, 17:04
same here on my MacPro, leaving the site locks up mac for about 3mins

I did a search for it last time I looked on their site as it was infuriatingly slow! Turns out that it's a problem known by both, but not being resolved by either! I sent Tesco an email reporting it, but never heard anything back!

A link to the discussion:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2496480&start=0&tstart=0

Bad play on both parts in my opinion.

dymebox
25-02-11, 10:01
Funny I saw this of the only 2 threads in this section, because me and a friend were just discussing this the other day! LOL

No one at Tesco uses a Mac apparently!

11-05-11, 16:11
Just wondering if it's me, or my setup or what?!

Virtually everytime I go to the Tesco Direct website, it really slows down the macbook. After browsing around, everytime a page is loaded, it seems to sit waiting for about a minute or two, whilst the beachball spinner just sits there spinning. Finally it will stop, and I can access the site again.

Just wondered whether it was my macbook pro, or whether it's some script or something running on the site?! I do get the beachballs now and again, but this seems to constantly bring them up...

Cheers guys :)

Safari ain't to great in my opinion. I use Google Chrome which seems great.