PDA

View Full Version : Duo 2 vs mutant

steve1978
07-01-15, 01:22
I am in the market for a new box. These two are in close competition in price and spec. I need a twin tuner, ideally 3.5in had but not a deal breaker. Must have vid long term support. :)

Which would you buy?

Thanks

nsw9154
07-01-15, 03:30
I have both the Duo2 and the Mut@nt and they are both Superb receivers the Mut@nt only takes a 2.5" Hard Drive where the Duo2 can take either 3.5" or 2.5"
I currently have a 3 Terabit 3.5" Toshiba in my Duo2 and it works faultlessly and gives me loads of storage space, both receivers are super quick
The Mut@nt is more versatile with having 4 separate plug-able tuners where the Duo2 only has 2 but they do twin sat tuners but only single hybrid tuner but they are supposed to be releasing a twin DVB-C/T2 Tuner soon I have 2 twin DVB-S in my Duo2 and 4 DVB-C/T2 Tuners in my Mut@nt a 3rd Receiver to consider would be the
LX3 but no one seems to be selling them at the moment :confused: I also have one of them and it is also a very good Receiver on par with the Duo2 and the Mutant and also takes 3.5" and 2.5" Hard Drives my LX3 has its 2 embedded DVB-S Tuners and 2 DVB-C/T2 Tuners
they all have their merits and I find it difficult to choose between them, in the end it is down to your preference and what you want from them