PDA

View Full Version : TM-Nano 3T vix no free tuner

deividuska
06-01-15, 20:30
Hi first sorry for noob question.
For some reason when i recording (cable) i cant watch any channels all channels grey out and not active(cable)? Is it normal.
Box is connected to virgin cable and satellite dish.

judge
06-01-15, 20:37
How do you have your tuners configured?
Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> Tuner configuration

deividuska
06-01-15, 22:58
How do you have your tuners configured?
Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> Tuner configuration

Tuner A:
Configuration Mode Simple
Mode Single
Satellite 28.2E Eutelsat 28A&Astra 2A/2E/2F
Send DiSEgC no

Tuner B:
Configuration Mode Simple
Mode Single
Satellite nothing connected
Send DiSEgC no

Tuner C:
Tuner type DVB-C
Configuration mode enabled
Network ID 40961
Used service scan type Provider
Provider to scan Virgin Media UK(6952)

judge
06-01-15, 23:16
Set Tuner B configuration mode to Not Configured if it doesn't have a feed connected.
Or you could/should use loopthrough, gives you a few more recording/watching/streaming options.
If setting loopthrough on Tuner B to Tuner A doesn't work properly, put the feed in Tuner B and use that with your current settings for Tuner A, and then set Tuner A as loopthrough to tuner B. (A VU bug, not sure if TM have fixed it with their implementation in current drivers).

Better still & to get full use of the box, feed both sat tuners with sat feeds...

deividuska
06-01-15, 23:22
So when i recording i only can watch channel witch one i recording nothing else this is how these boxes work?

judge
06-01-15, 23:28
So when i recording i only can watch channel witch one i recording nothing else this is how these boxes work?

Nope, one recording ties up one tuner. You can still view other channels on the same transponder as the recording channel. Press up/down over/under the OK button on your remote, then green button & select Current transponder to see what else is available on that transponder.

Your other tuners if configured properly should still be available to use.

jugulator
04-03-15, 16:18
I know this is a rather old thread. I am contemplating buying a 3T combo. I understand that 3T has only 1 cable tuner and 2 sat tuner. So, if he is recording a cable channel, he will not be able to watch other channels on cable side (apart from the channels on the same transponder) as the only cable tuner is tied up; is this not the expected behaviour? I am looking for a combo box but I need to be able to watch and record on the cable side at the same time. Not sure if this is the right box for this purpose.
Any help will be appreciated.

abu baniaz
04-03-15, 16:45
I understand that 3T has only 1 cable tuner and 2 sat tuner. So, if he is recording a cable channel, he will not be able to watch other channels on cable side (apart from the channels on the same transponder) as the only cable tuner is tied up; is this not the expected behaviour?
Yes this is expected behaviour.

I am looking for a combo box but I need to be able to watch and record on the cable side at the same time. Not sure if this is the right box for this purpose.
Best to buy a multi tuner receiver for that.
Miraclebox
Oxin
Mutant
LX3
Duo2

jugulator
04-03-15, 17:16
Thank you for replying.
Is there any boxes with 2 cable tuners only. I cannot find any on the site. I'm kind of surprised that all the 3 tuner combos come with 2 satellite tuners and 1 cable tuner.! I am not fussed with satellite. I am looking for something under £200. I see the ones you listed are over £300 or somewhere near.
Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jugulator
04-03-15, 17:25
What is your opinion about this box?
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Hybrid-Cable-Terrestrial-Digital-HD-Receivers/Venton-Unibox-Linux-HD-Hybrid-Cable-Terrestrial-Receivers/Venton-Unibox-Eco-Plus-Enigma-2-Twin-Tuner-Hybrid-Cable-Freeview-HD-DVB-C-T-T2-Digital-Receiver
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
04-03-15, 18:19
Uses the same CPU as a Vu Ultimo. Only takes a 2.5 drive. Good option.