PDA

View Full Version : UBIFS Update

hex_inc
06-01-15, 14:19
Got my new box in this morning from WOS and went about setting it up. HDD installed and bootloader updated no problems.

When I try to flash to Apollo 118, the box appears to be reading from USB and then displays UBIFS UPDATE and goes no further.

The box is brand new and genuine from WOS so that's not an issue.

Not sure whether to try an earlier image or not. Ideas welcome please.

Sicilian
06-01-15, 19:44
Leave it to complete. If it does not used a Genuine kingston stick, MAX8GB formatted with this tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-HP-USB-Stick-Drive-Format-Tool and use a REAR USB port.

Trial
06-01-15, 19:50
Hi,
remove all other USB devices if present. I hope you got the correct bootloader and not the DUO one.

btw. to 99% updating bootloader was unnecessary.

ciao

hex_inc
07-01-15, 10:27
I disconnected the HDD and tried using the same USB stick that I flashed the bootloader with and I was getting the same error. Formatted a different USB stick and the update took!

Its a very strange problem to say the least but got there in the end.

Thanks guys.

bellejt
07-01-15, 10:34
I always use a small usb stick from 256 Mb and never problems on whatever box.You could also have flashed online.

Larry-G
07-01-15, 17:09
I have never had a problem with any USB sticks I have used, including genuine Kingston DTSE9's, Blade cruzor's and many unnamed brands from 1GB to 16GB. The only USB issue I have ever had is where a old Duo corrupted a stick that was being used as a temporary swap file for testing. I have never needed nor setup a swap file since.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Trial
07-01-15, 19:59
Hi,
I even used 32Gb and 64GB USB3 with success.

Ralf

hex_inc
08-01-15, 11:02
The one I was trying to use was a 16gb sandisk and ended up using an 8gb verbatim instead.

psionguy
13-01-15, 15:54
I use a very old and cheap USB stick branded 7daysshop.com, never let me down. But now I use the image manager and download the image file directly, an excellent feature.

Larry-G
13-01-15, 16:53
The one I was trying to use was a 16gb sandisk and ended up using an 8gb verbatim instead.

Although I have never had a issue with any size USB stick it is generally recommended to use sticks no larger than 8GB in size to prevent just this kind of issue.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk